Book characters

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Book characters

Post by jakk9000 »

Hi can someone please make a pdf of the characters from OVA and send them to my e-mail? I can't do it my self due to I don't have a pdf of the book and I have no idea how to cut out the pages from a pdf to make a new one.

It is Jakk9000@yahoo.com and if that doesn't work Jakk9000@gmail.com
Plastic_Avatar
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Plastic_Avatar »

If you have a PDF of OVA, making *another* PDF with just the characters is pretty easy.

If you've got a Mac, you do a print to PDF from the pages you want to isolate.

If you've got a PC, you either use Acrobat Professional (most good colleges have this installed in their computing labs) works on the Mac, too, for fancy stuff)) *or* try cutepdf via:

http://www.cutepdf.com/

There are a lot of ways to make electronic versions of the hardback, but if I really wanted what I think you're asking.... well, $10 for a real Clay-gets-something-out-of-it PDF is a pretty awesome deal :D
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

I have the lulu.com hard copy of the book -_-
Plastic_Avatar
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Plastic_Avatar »

jakk9000 wrote:I have the lulu.com hard copy of the book -_-
Never gotten anything via lulu. Is it nice?

Well, the method I use for archiving (if you'd like to try it) is to take a picture, open it in Photoshop, tweak as necessary, then PDF it from there.

Quicker than scanning for me, and, if you've got a decent digital camera, more than enough quality to work from :D

(Crank sharpening up on your cam to make the letters pop a little more.)

I honestly think I'm going to have to buy a hard copy, even though I just bought the PDF. I think I'll tell my wife it would make a great anniversary present =P
Father of Dragons
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Father of Dragons »

If you look, you can still find some of the B&W paperback distribution edition out there for $19.95 or so (my local game store says they can still order them from their distributor). Or, for $29.95, you can get the color and glossy paper paperback from Lulu.com. I have one of each myself. As far as I can tell they have the exact same text. The B&W version is perfectly serviceable, but the color version is really pretty.
"If that's pure logic I'll take vanilla."
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

Well I only know the lulu.com version but it is reaaaaaaallllly nice. I am happy with it and the pics are great in color. The only thing they could do to make the book better is make it hardbound.
Father of Dragons
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Father of Dragons »

Well, Lulu does do hardcovers, so Clay could offer one through them if he wanted to. However, Lulu color hardcovers tend to be a bit expensive. I don't know the exact numbers, but my guess that if Clay did offer a color hardcover via Lulu and kept his cut the same, the book would be in the $40-45 dollar range. Would you pay that much for a color version of OVA?
"If that's pure logic I'll take vanilla."
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

for hardcover I would it would be so kick a@#.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I'm afraid hardcover will not be a practical solution for OVA. Unless lulu has changed something in the past year or so, 6 x 9 hardcovers can only be published in black and white. And it seems, for your buck, it'd be better to have a full-color soft cover than a B&W hardcover.

This lulu copy is not really anything official. It's mainly there so I can print copies for friends. I don't even have it set up to give me royalties. *laughs* But as long as people are enjoying the game, I'm fine with it.
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

Uh oh I didn't know poor Clay I'll have to get the download copy now (so I can get errata).