Print Edition

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Print Edition

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

Well, I finally did it...I broke down and bought a print-copy of the book. It's so...well...kire desu ("cute" for those who don't speak Japanese). I printed out the PDF on my dad's color laserjet, so up until now, I've had an 8.5" x 11" binder.

But now, I have the kire copy. Not as colorful as the color pdf, since it's in black and white (^_^), but it looks nice non-the-less.

Hope OVA Mecha and OVA Fantasy look just as good!!

TBP
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Thanks Pherret! Even though it's not in color, I always love having a print copy of a book, and I'm glad you found some enjoyment with it.

Out of curiosity, did you buy a distribution version or the PoD from RPGnow?
TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Clay wrote:Thanks Pherret! Even though it's not in color, I always love having a print copy of a book, and I'm glad you found some enjoyment with it.

Out of curiosity, did you buy a distribution version or the PoD from RPGnow?
I bought the PoD from RPGnow. It's got a few things that are "off," since it's not the most up-to-date version, but at least it's a print version. I got the PDF both on my HDD and printed out, I just wanted a second book for the gaming table.

Granted, I haven't actually gotten anyone interested in it yet...but I sure as heck am trying.

TBP
wuxiasnake
Worthy Tortoise

Post by wuxiasnake »

how was the quality of your rpgnow book? Mine was a bit of a let down because the paper felt like some sort of thick newspaper. I rectified this by buying a distribution copy which I'm much happier with. I do have slightly obsessive-compulsive tendencies though, especially when it comes to paper. If it doesn't smell just right I have to put all my dice in an old sock and wear it on my left hand while gaming.
[b]Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.[/b]" -- [i]Confucius[/i]

[url]http://nzrag.com/[/url]
TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

wuxiasnake wrote:how was the quality of your rpgnow book? Mine was a bit of a let down because the paper felt like some sort of thick newspaper. I rectified this by buying a distribution copy which I'm much happier with. I do have slightly obsessive-compulsive tendencies though, especially when it comes to paper. If it doesn't smell just right I have to put all my dice in an old sock and wear it on my left hand while gaming.
Well, forgive my ignorance, but it feels and smells like paper. What's the difference between the RPGnow copy and the distribution copy? Besides being more up-to-date, I mean ^_^

TBP
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Not much besides what is listed on the errata page. PoD has yellower paper but of thicker stock, I think.
wuxiasnake
Worthy Tortoise

Post by wuxiasnake »

I see the rpgnow pdf has been updated. see http://wiseturtle.com/.

Does this mean that if I order another print copy from RPGNow it will be updated?
[b]Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.[/b]" -- [i]Confucius[/i]

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Unfortunately no. I hear that the entire PoD program will be dropped in the near future, so I'd really recommend you try purchasing it elsewhere at stores like rpgshop.com or whatever online destination you frequent.
wuxiasnake
Worthy Tortoise

Post by wuxiasnake »

The future sux.

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I guess you won't be wanting copies of OVA mecha in the future then, right? ;D
wuxiasnake
Worthy Tortoise

Post by wuxiasnake »

no I want them now!

j/k please don't take my comment the wrong way. :D

I understand that if I own the pdf I can make one hardcopy for myself, so I might just go to my local copy shop and see if they can print and bind the updated copy for me.

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

You might as well just nab a copy of OVA from RPGshop.com. The changes to the recent PDF revision are mostly negligible. Just remember that Vehicle gives 2 points a level now.