Magic Items, how?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Magic Items, how?

Post by Atmo »

Well, i'm writing a story where two girls fight a monster, then one uses a magic gem to cast a fireball on it and the other uses another magic gem to bind the soul of the monster on that gem, to scry at its memories after. Both of them are fighters, and i want to know how to emulate those gems without buying Magic, and those gems are disposable.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Magic Items, how?

Post by Clay »

If you want the gems as a constant part of the character, just stat up the Abilities as normal and make sure to take the "Focus" weakness. That links one or more of your Abilities to an item and prevents its use without it.

If these gems are things the characters only have occasional access to, stat them up as a separate entity (in essence, like a tiny, simple character with no Health or Endurance) and only allow the characters access to its abilities when it is in their position. Since it's not actually a part of their character, there is no need for it to be written as part of their character.
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Magic Items, how?

Post by Atmo »

Clay wrote:If you want the gems as a constant part of the character, just stat up the Abilities as normal and make sure to take the "Focus" weakness. That links one or more of your Abilities to an item and prevents its use without it.

If these gems are things the characters only have occasional access to, stat them up as a separate entity (in essence, like a tiny, simple character with no Health or Endurance) and only allow the characters access to its abilities when it is in their position. Since it's not actually a part of their character, there is no need for it to be written as part of their character.
Yes, that what i was thinking. Thanks for the clarifications. :D