Uber Jumping

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Uber Jumping

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

How would you go about representing the "flash step" of anime? You know what I'm talking about: jumping from rooftop to rooftop so fast, they seem to teleport from one to another.

Would it just be Teleport, with a Special Weakness? Or would it be better to just make a new Ability?

TBP
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I wouldn't make it an Ability at all. It's purely aesthetic. That's the reason "Super-Jump" is not an Ability to begin with. Forcing characters to constantly make rolls fighting across the rooftops is a bit anti-climactic.

The only time such a thing should be rolled is if a seperate party, who can't super-jump due to their character archetype, is trying to fight/chase after/capture a party who can.

Generally, characters with Acrobatics are more likely to super-jump than, say a beat cop. Likewise, characters with substantial Quick and Agile bonuses may be appropriate. If you absolutely think you need rolls, throw some DNs out there. Personally, I think a "You guys can" and "you guys can't" would suffice.
ComicJam
Worthy Tortoise

Post by ComicJam »

I'd say just throw one roll for the whole trip/journey across the roof-tops...
Especially if your being chased...
Actually, I'd only ask for a roll in "dramatic" situations, otherwise characters that can do it I guess would just do it.

Cheers! :D