Are we still on?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Are we still on?

Post by Bubba333 »

As far as the 11th being the release date? I know a lot of people are very excited for OVA Revised!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Are we still on?

Post by Clay »

Unfortunately, as many suspect. OVA will not be coming out in time for its intended release date. It's a fact I've dreaded having to mention –- to the point that I haven't even visited these forums. I sincerely apologize to everyone who has looked forward to this date. Art is taking much longer to procure than I hoped, and I just can't make the deadline for that reason.

I'll be updating the website with this information soon, along with a little something extra. Not as good as the release of OVA Revised Edition, but it may soothe the sting at least a little. I'll reply here when it's ready, or you can keep checking http://www.wiseturtle.com and http://ovarpg.blogspot.com for the scoop.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

These things happen and we'd all rather it be polished than rushed. Don't sweat it, Clay. :mrgreen:
Erinak
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Erinak »

The important thing is you are not dead, as a long absence makes one worry. Good to see you again!
-WARNING! Play at own risk.
dexdeldio
Shelled Plebeian

Post by dexdeldio »

Hay I don't know about anyone else but I would not be apposed to buying a text only ova, pictures are nice but it's the text that I need to see. You could even do some sort of reservation so people can get the text now and then when it comes out for real they can trade up for a pretty version. I really want to play ova with a new group of friends but I don't want to introduce them to the original when the revised system will appear (supposedly) shortly, and I don't really want to stitch together the rules provided by the revised edition blog since there are still many gaps no list of perks flaws and such and is still susceptible to change. I home rule those with my more experienced group of friends but I would not feel comfortable doing such for people new to the game.
Me? I'm just this guy, ya know?
MelancholyofNyX
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MelancholyofNyX »

I actually offered this exact same suggestion to clay myself... I have yet to receive an answer but hopefully he considers it... I can see why he might be against it, preferring us to see OVA Revised at it's finest rather than just some blocky text file, but like you I've been waiting for a whole year to start a new rpg using this system because I thought it was coming out in July, then in December... We've done a few other rpies using other systems since then, but it wasn't really what we wanted. Anyway, what do you say Clay? I wouldn't mind paying full price now for a text based pdf and just getting the finalized product once it's released.

Or... if you're against that you could probably still hold a preorder sale (without giving us the text) in order to raise money for the artwork if that's part of the problem. Just another random thought.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I support the above two posts.