Is it ok if...

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Is it ok if...

Post by jakk9000 »

Is it ok if I make a hard copy of Starstone Treasure for my own use? Also, what should I do if people ask me for copies like mine?

Just so ya know I am asking so I don't make Clay mad and I don't stomp on laws because I'm to cute to go to prision. >.<
calibur1
Worthy Tortoise

Post by calibur1 »

The Starstone Treasure is a free giveaway that anyone can download and print out for nothing. There shouldn't be a problem unless you were charging for it?

Printing out the OVA book and distributing it is called piracy whether you're charaging for it or not, but I don't believe Clay has a problem if you print yourself out a copy for your own use. If your players like the game... well $10 for the pdf is not a lot of money. And it goes to support the company, so they can make more OVA products.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Don't spread it around town, but I don't really mind if you make copies of anything for your personal group's use. I'm not foolish enough to expect every player in a campaign to plop down 10-20 bucks for a copy. It would be nice...but I don't expect it.

Printing the whole book and passing it around would be a bit excessive, but if you have that much ink to waste, then hey, more power to you.

As Calibur said, The Starstone Treasure is already a free product. It really doesn't matter if 5 people download and print it, or if one person prints it for five people. Free's free, and along the way I get free advertising.

The notice in the front of the book is just so I have a legal leg to stand on if, say, someone posts the entire book online somewhere.
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

Ok just thought I would ask I are scared of the law. O.O