What the... spam?!?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

What the... spam?!?

Post by Inquisitor Melchior »

Seriously, why the spam? I don't think anyone who uses these boards cares for the spamming, and if it keeps up Clay may be forced to remove the unregistered guest poster function (which I don't think anyone wants).

I know Clay is busy so he can't regulate these boards everyday, but that shouldn't give people the impression that they can just flood it with junk-posts either.
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

My bad. I was mysteriously logged out, and as such, was not informed there were new posts. I actually DO check daily, but I just thought it was all old since no little yellow post-its showed up...

I've blocked a few of the spamming IPs, but they seem dynamic, so I don't know how much good it will do. I'm gonna keep a tighter watch now.

I apologize to everyone for the delay.
Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

Clay wrote: My bad. I was mysteriously logged out, and as such, was not informed there were new posts. I actually DO check daily, but I just thought it was all old since no little yellow post-its showed up...
I stand corrected. I just assumed you were busy, what with the two OVA guides, the two projects with Niko, working on responding to posts on a number of forums, and all of the other day-to-day and personal responsibilities you may have. If it were me I'd be swamped :) . Seriously though, you've always seemed highly dedicated to these boards and the OVA community, and it's something that I (and I'm sure many other posters) greatly appreciate.
Clay wrote: I've blocked a few of the spamming IPs, but they seem dynamic, so I don't know how much good it will do. I'm gonna keep a tighter watch now.
It's okay. You can only do so much. I was just rather alarmed at seeing a flood of unwanted spam cluttering up otherwise good posts. Hopefully, now that you've deleted the spam, the spammers won't find this forum such an enticing prospect.
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki
Father Wendigo
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Father Wendigo »

Just a word of warning, we got more spam in G.&P.B.

Clay, you might want to edit the url out of the posts in the future.
Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

It seems we have a little more spam in the OVA section too, but thankfully not as many as last time.
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Addressed this in another thread.