Any news on release date?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Mofarme
Shelled Plebeian

Any news on release date?

Post by Mofarme »

Hi to all.

I have seen that the Wise Turtle website has not been updated for a couple of weeks. :cry:

Any news on OVA's release date? :)

Thanks!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I apologize for my absence, but unfortunately my laptop up and died, resulting in more than a little difficulty. Unfortunately, this also means there has been little progress made as far as OVA is concerned.

I'm conservatively shooting for a September 30th release at the latest. But we'll see how it goes.

Thank you for your continued interest.
Mofarme
Shelled Plebeian

So... when it will be released, then?

Post by Mofarme »

Hi.

Is there any hope of seeing OVA published before Christmas time? Several release dates have come and go and there are still no news.

I have high hopes for this game, and I really would like to get it, but the lack of a final release date makes one feel like it will be ages before I get my grubby hands on it.

What about a new sample, then, to keep us interested? :wink:

Some mecha designs or more sample characters... something like that...
Tenka
Shelled Plebeian

Re: So... when it will be released, then?

Post by Tenka »

Poor Clay, his two-fan crowd won't leave him alone. :wink:

Though since the book I'm working on myself is being delayed, maybe I should just keep my big mouth shut.

What am I saying? What are double standards for, after all? :twisted:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sorry, sorry. I know the continuously delayed deadline is vexing at best, but I am shooting for a November 30th release. No beating around it this time. This IS the release date.

About double standards on release dates, I have to admit I usually make jabs in my spare time about Guardian of Orders infamously erratic releases. So no harm in pointing the finger at me too

As for sample stuff, how about this?

http://www.nikogeyer.com/gallery/ova_playinthesnow.jpg

Thank you all for your continued interest.
Mofarme
Shelled Plebeian

One half of a two-fan crowd...

Post by Mofarme »

Well, I am really glad of having a definite release date at last!

About being a two-fan crowd, that is something I don't mind, as long as the game is good enough, which I hope OVA will be! :D

If Niko Geyer's art reflects the standard of illustrations in the book and the layout is similar to the sample pages, OVA might as well be one of the best-looking PDF releases so far! I am an usual buyer of PDF e-books, and that's one aspect that I find usually lacking in them.

I will be looking forward to next saturday 30 th!
Tenka
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Tenka »

Clay wrote: As for sample stuff, how about this?

http://www.nikogeyer.com/gallery/ova_playinthesnow.jpg
Real nice. I must admit. As for the 2-fan crowd, it's not too bad for a game that's not out yet. :wink:

I've bought several PDF from RPGnow and will again. Never had any problem.

Post by Guest »

Clay wrote:Sorry, sorry. I know the continuously delayed deadline is vexing at best, but I am shooting for a November 30th release. No beating around it this time. This IS the release date.
This IS today, too. :twisted: :wink:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

As some of you might have guessed, OVA has been delayed again. I apologize, but there's little I can do with the art-side of things. If it's any comfort, only a select few images remain, and I hope to have the book out by Christmas at latest.

I will have a pdf "demo" available in a day or two. It includes the first 20 pages of the book. Maybe it'll serve as a consolation of sorts and whet your appetites for the final release.

You know, all 2 or 3 of you. ;)
Damiar the Wolf
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Damiar the Wolf »

Make that 3 or 4 :wink:

I've been watching this game for awhile...looks really interesting! Just let me know when to send my money.... :D
Esteban Garcia
Divine Dragon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Divine Dragon »

I'm really looking forward to this game being released. Hope the final product is as good as the demo made it seem to be. :)

Tenka, are you involved in making RPG books? For what company? What have you done so far?

Oh and don't worry Clay. The game looks like it's worth wating for. :D

Post by Guest »

Divine Dragon wrote:Tenka, are you involved in making RPG books? For what company? What have you done so far?
I've only played copy editor for a few game lines (Ironclaw, Sovereign Stone...) and written articles for French RPG/SF&F magazines (Faeries, SFMag...). Mainly, I've had a few short stories published in French magazines and anthologies. If you enter "Pierre-Alexandre Sicart" in Google, you'll find me. Otherwise, I'm currently co-editor for Amberzine #12, and I'll work on some personal RPG/SF&F-related projects once I'm done with my PhD.

Must go back to my books... Merry Christmas to you!
Divine Dragon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Divine Dragon »

I see. Interesting. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!! ^_^