OVA was perfect for us.

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

plaguevictim
Shelled Plebeian

OVA was perfect for us.

Post by plaguevictim »

Right, so, I'll get right to the point. I absolutely adore OVA. It is my favorite tabletop system to date. A close friend of mine (visual/music artist and storyteller extraordinaire) has been wanting to bring a world he's built up over several years to tabletop, and when I showed him OVA he jumped on it! Allow me to quote: "This is... wow, this is exactly what I need."

His setting mixes lots of different ideas, supernatural/metaphysical mechanics, different fantasy, sci-fi, and horror elements... just about everything you could think of, it's in there, and OVA has a really nice framework that allows all of it!

There simply wasn't a better system for the kind of freeform ruleset he needed. We've been using my digital copy so far, and he's going to buy a physical copy pretty soon.

We're using dice numbers that are probably a bit larger than intended for starting characters :lol: but the game is holding solid and all the players are having a blast!

So thank you, Clay. Your product is a resounding success! I love it so, so much.
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Re: OVA was perfect for us.

Post by Blobathehutt »

I know what you mean OVA is one of the best table tops I have ever played :)
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

It does what it does well. It has it's issues (the whole point of the Gear category compared to other 'containers' can be redundant, but really, that's not a big problem. It can be easily ignored) but it's one of the smoother systems I've used in years.

There are certain types of games I won't use it for, but for an Anime styled game, it's my first choice.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Welcome to the board! I’m so happy that you’re enjoying OVA! It’s always invigorating to hear about people enjoying and playing my game. I hope you continue to have many great adventures.

If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to write here or email me, and I’ll do my best to respond.