Unusual characters, probably 18+

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Unusual characters, probably 18+

Post by Atmo »

So, i was thinking on how i could create characters based on some 18+ anime without giving the impression that the girls are all bitches or something like that. I just want some guidelines to this system, that's all.

Examples:
Mahou Shoujo Elena, Mahou Shoujo Isuka, Mahou Shoujo Ai, Mahou Shoujo Sae, Makai Tenshi Djibril, Mahou Shoujo Meruru.

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Atmo on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CursedEmbrace
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Unusual characters, probably 18+

Post by CursedEmbrace »

I'm not 100% on exactly what you're asking but if you don't want the characters to seem petty and argumentative surely that's just down mostly to how they are roleplayed? Although making sure not to give them certain traits would help the player's interpretation of the character and how they behave as them will likely be what makes them come across as 'bitchy' or not...

Unless you mean something else?
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

I'm trying to figure a way to put those girls on numbers, to understand how mental characteristics work on OVA. I have some experience with other systems, but i'm preparing myself to start gming OVA and i need some answers to that questions. I know this topic sounds very fishy, but we have a large number of different characters out there, everyone with their likes and dislikes and much more. I want to exercise this knowledge before someone aks "why this is that way" middle game.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Atmo,

While I'm happy that fans use OVA to tell all kinds of stories, I would prefer you not to directly link titles that are 18+, since I want these forums to be approachable by players of all ages.

In regards to your inquiry, without being able to comment on the characters specifically in question, it's difficult to answer. But I say as long as you give a character positive traits to balance their negative ones (Arrogant but forthright, stubborn but a dedicated sense of Justice, etc.) then they should come off as interesting as opposed to purely annoying.
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

Clay wrote:Hey Atmo,

While I'm happy that fans use OVA to tell all kinds of stories, I would prefer you not to directly link titles that are 18+, since I want these forums to be approachable by players of all ages.

In regards to your inquiry, without being able to comment on the characters specifically in question, it's difficult to answer. But I say as long as you give a character positive traits to balance their negative ones (Arrogant but forthright, stubborn but a dedicated sense of Justice, etc.) then they should come off as interesting as opposed to purely annoying.
Ok, links removed. Well, at the end everyone is a character, aren't they? I'll talk with my players and sort something out, as they won't want to post what happens on the game in other places (common sense, bah).