I am looking for hints and suggestions if ye don't mind?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

uberfridgeking
Shelled Plebeian

I am looking for hints and suggestions if ye don't mind?

Post by uberfridgeking »

Hi everyone!

So I have 2 groups that I will be running campaigns for and what I want to do is a steampunk setting.

What I want to do is have the first group mid 19th century steam punk and the second group modern day or future time frame. I want to be able to connect the 2 groups so that the first group would have an effect on the second group in some way, any hints tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Re: I am looking for hints and suggestions if ye don't mind?

Post by Atmo »

uberfridgeking wrote:Hi everyone!

So I have 2 groups that I will be running campaigns for and what I want to do is a steampunk setting.

What I want to do is have the first group mid 19th century steam punk and the second group modern day or future time frame. I want to be able to connect the 2 groups so that the first group would have an effect on the second group in some way, any hints tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Like on Chrono Trigger or Ocarina of Time, that when you do something on someplace/someone on the past that thing will carry and evolve on the future?
uberfridgeking
Shelled Plebeian

Post by uberfridgeking »

I want to have it so that there is a few hundred years of a difference in time. But I want the two groups to be able to affect each other in both subtle and major ways. For example if the first group invents some advanced tech that could change certain parts of the futures tech or just have some hugely negative impact on the future. I want to try and have the 2 groups connected in ways.
DarthFox
Shelled Plebeian

Post by DarthFox »

What about a diary or a jorunal, left from the first group for the second one?
Maybe you can run the session in this way (just for example):

1- 19th century: the group find a clue/hint about a particular element and maybe they resolve a "quest" related to it.
2- 19th century: the "archivist" of the group wrote down what happened.
3- Future: the new group receive some clues from reading the diary and resolve a "quest" related to the 19th century group.

So, for example:

1) A wicked noble family bound to a demonic cult and beated by the 19th century group could be part of the plot of the future group, maybe because that the "strange amulet" worn by their antagonist is the same one drawn inside the 19th century diary.

2) The "death ray" weapon that is causing massacre in the town is just only the evolution of one project developed by the mad scientist that was member of the 19th century group. Inside the diary is possbile to find the complete project, maybe with a list of weak point and defect...
uberfridgeking
Shelled Plebeian

Post by uberfridgeking »

I like this idea good sir thank you.