Series book for OVA "default" storyline?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Rawle Nyanzi
Worthy Tortoise

Series book for OVA "default" storyline?

Post by Rawle Nyanzi »

Will OVA ever have a "series book" for its default storyline -- the one involving Raine, Miho, Auren, and the others? Or does the core book count as that?

I know there's a story behind all of them, possibly involving this "Shadowman" I've seen mentioned here and there.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Series book for OVA "default" storyline?

Post by Clay »

That's basically the core book. In addition to the twelve sample characters, there's a collection of NPCs ready to serve as antagonists in their adventures. One of them IS Shadowman, and he figures heavily into the plot of Karis, the pigtailed bounty hunter you see on the book's cover.

Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Which my 'crew' have stolen for our OVA game. And we're still not happy with Karis' new ears.

But DAMN if I don't like the new Shadowman look! Wow! Can we have that as a larger pic somewhere? Man that's AWESOME!
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Shadowman's a reclusive fellow, so you'll have to wait for the book for a larger version. :)
Ayleron
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Ayleron »

I think Karis' redesign is even better than shadowman's personally. Its Daisuke that really came out different from rocker to Bishi seems like quite the change. :lol:
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Ayleron wrote:I think Karis' redesign is even better than shadowman's personally. Its Daisuke that really came out different from rocker to Bishi seems like quite the change. :lol:
It's just her ears that bother us. We liked the elongated Tenchi Muyo style, this new bug ear is too obvious, and wouldn't fit how she ended up in our campaign.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Rawle Nyanzi
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Rawle Nyanzi »

Karis's ears aren't too bad.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Rawle Nyanzi wrote:Karis's ears aren't too bad.
It's a personal thing. We're a bunch of nerds and geeks who grew up on the 80s and 90s, and Tenchi Muyo was a huge influence on some of us, and some of us (two out of the three) prefer the older Karis ears, because they were similar (not identical) to the alien girls' ears.

The bug antenna look just isn't doin' it for us.
Rawle Nyanzi
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Rawle Nyanzi »

Chris Brady wrote:
Rawle Nyanzi wrote:Karis's ears aren't too bad.
It's a personal thing. We're a bunch of nerds and geeks who grew up on the 80s and 90s, and Tenchi Muyo was a huge influence on some of us, and some of us (two out of the three) prefer the older Karis ears, because they were similar (not identical) to the alien girls' ears.

The bug antenna look just isn't doin' it for us.
I get how you feel. Tenchi Muyo is pretty awesome; I saw it when it was on Toonami back in the day.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

And one of my crew of players loves Iria the Zieram Animation (the original four part OVA's, not the movie) and saw Karis and practically jumped on her as a playable. A space bounty hunter that she didn't have to make in a game? SOOOOOOOLD! /Dr. Zed

We're kinda old geeks. :P
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Well, you either love them or hate them, I guess! Karis's ears were indeed a nod to Tenchi Muyo! back in the first edition of OVA, but I wanted to play closer to some of Karis's other inspirations for the new edition. I prefer to think of them as "elf" ears as opposed to antennae though. ;D