OVA Kickstarter Launched!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Wise Turtle
Wise Sage

OVA Kickstarter Launched!

Post by Wise Turtle »

I have returned from a brief stroll, devoted forum-goers. Over the past 1,076 days that I have spent pondering, as I am wont to do to further my wisdom, I have decided what Clay needs for his "OVA" is a Kickstarter. Sometimes I astound myself with my own propensity for higher thought.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: OVA Kickstarter Launched!

Post by Clay »

Ah...that's a great idea, Wise Turtle-Sensei! Based on this suggestion (and not the fact I have been working tirelessly on this very thing while you were pondering), OVA: The Anime Role-Playing Game has launched on Kickstarter! Stop by to see previews of the game and all the great rewards you can get by backing. And if you can, tell your friends! The more people who back, the sooner you can have a full-color copy of OVA in your hands!

MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

Aghhh!!!

I was playing Card Hunter all day and I didn't see this 'til just now.

Awesome!!!

Question: The Swift Samurai level mentions early access to the pdf and it says, "Delivery Date: August 2013." Is that accurate? I was hoping for something a bit earlier. :wink:
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Edsel »

I had been anticipating this since Golden Sky Stories went active on KS. So I saved up my $125 and diligently typed OVA into the KS search bar several times a day over the last couple of weeks. This morning was the first time that KS chose to reveal to me that OVA had gone active. :x

Since I couldn't get what I had budgeted for I settled for the $30 package. At least I have an extra $95 to spend on other things now. :roll:
"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me. That is all." ~Suzumiya Haruhi
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

MacLeod: Yes, that's an accurate estimate. I want to make sure the PDF is polished perfect to send out to backers.

Edsel: I responded to your comment on the Kickstarter page. I might add more of that level towards the end of the campaign.

Thank you both for your support!
MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

I can respect that, Clay. Personally, I want the book to be as perfect as humanly possible. You can update PDFs!

I know things must be hectic right now for you so I appreciate that you take time out of your day to answer questions for us. :)
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Edsel »

I am sorry my last post was a little to driven by the emotion of the moment. I'd been waiting for this for years and I was a bit upset when my well laid plans went awry. I look forward to the new edition in whatever format I get it in.
"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me. That is all." ~Suzumiya Haruhi
Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Michael Hopcroft »

This is going to be very interesting. I signed up at the $30 level (PDF and book) because that's all I can possibly pay.

It's good to have OVA back in a new edition, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. If this had been around ten years ago when I was working on HeartQuest, things could have gone a lot differently for me.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Yeah, I'm also capped at $30. But I need to wait a couple of weeks cuz I need to put it on my credit card (it's a pay as you go) and I'm tapped for the local Comiccon this weekend.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Edsel »

I checked in this morning and found one of the $125 tiers had become open. I snagged it immediately. Good way to start off my day.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Edsel: No worries! I think I'd be panicking too if I missed out on a limited package I had been looking forward to. Glad you managed to get one!

Michael Hopcroft: Good to see you again! I appreciate your support. You should drop me a line on instant messenger sometime.

Chris Brady: Any support you can give is appreciated. Thank you for backing!