Christmas comes and goes...

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Meduna
Shelled Plebeian

Christmas comes and goes...

Post by Meduna »

Christmas comes and goes... but still no OVA. I am the saddest Meduna :( While we wait, let's have a look back on OVA's timeline*, shall we?

April 20th, 2009 - OVA Revised Edition is announced and the Preview blog is officially started. Over the next nine months, Clay will tease us with the coming changes for revised edition before...

January 18th, 2010 - A release date is announced for 07/17/2010, relating to OVA's 5 year, 5 month, 5 day anniversary. Fanboys everywhere cream their pants in anticipation!

April 01st, 2010 - Clay, meanwhile, plays a joke on the community by indicating he wishes to convert OVA over to the D20 system for it's revised release. Those who fall for the prank are outraged and either commit suicide or make threats on Clay's life until he finally admits that it was merely a jest.

July 17th, 2010 - The long awaited day arrives... but Clay's loyal fans will only be disappointed by OVA's first delay to 12/11/10. Still... community members such as Bubba333 cling to hope that before Christmas they will have a copy of OVA as their very own!

December 11th, 2010 - OVA Revised is delayed for the second time, though the original version is made available in print once again. Umm... Hurray. No new release date is made for OVA Revised at this time.

August 09th, 2011 - Other than to launch a new Blog, Clay does not post on the OVA Revised Preview blog, or give any other information about its status (other than vague forum posts referring to waiting on artwork for the book) until August, 2011. His community, sad and confused, are promised a 2011 release and given a preview of the First (albeit useless) chapter of OVA Revised which looks rather nice, all things considered.

August 25th, 2011 - A kickstarter program is suggested by Clay on his Preview blog, but few members of the community remain in order to participate.

December 15th, 2011 - Clay confirms on the forum that there is nothing yet to report, but insists that he will have the artwork situation resolved by the end of the month and refuses to release OVA Revised in anything less than it's complete and shiny form, despite how long this may take.. By this time, even diehard fans such as Bubba333 have moved on in disgust as it becomes clear that OVA Revised will not be released in 2011.

December 30th, 2011 - Meduna Macross makes her snarky, pointless review of the OVA Revised timeline, one that will likely be deleted or ignored. After all, nobody likes a whiner!

I still have every intention of purchasing OVA Revised whenever Clay feels like releasing it, so even if I am OVA's only fan at that point, Clay should know that all of his hard work will have netted him... at least $15 or so? Depending on how much he chooses to charge for it at that point.

Seriously though, I was really hoping to have OVA by Christmas (I was even going to purchase the game for several of my friends) but maybe with any luck we can look forward to a release on OVA's upcoming 7th anniversary? :D (That's February 12th, 2012 for you less educated people). This game is starting to gather Duke Nukem Forever status among my friends who insist that it's never coming out (considering it's been delayed for a couple years now) but even that game eventually got released, so worse case scenario... I'll see you all in three years for OVA's 10th anniversary! ^_^

For you Clay, I would just like to say that if you've read this far and aren't felt compelled to delete this thread out of annoyance or anger, than you have passed my test, and you can be my friend :D
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Christmas comes and goes...

Post by Clay »

Eh, I think deleting every post you have the merest objection to is a poor way to treat a community, much less one as important to me as OVA's fans. Besides, I think you only stated the facts...perhaps with a little snark, but the facts none-the-less.

But hopefully, you will see in the coming months things are back on track. I'll be posting progress here, on the blog, and anywhere else I can think of as often as possible. I don't know if that'll be enough to re-earn the favor of the fandom, but it's all I can offer in any case.

Thanks for sticking around. Here's hoping I won't be releasing OVA Forever in 2015 or anything. :P
Meduna
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Meduna »

I certainly hope so :D
patchouli
Shelled Plebeian

Post by patchouli »

Damn it Clay! Why didn't you tell us you were working on Yuuyake Koyake?!?!

Anyway, good luck with that! I just saw the news about the translation and I'm crying with joy here. Yes, I know. I'm slow.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Haha, I'm going to officially announce it on my blog next week. But glad you're excited about it! I've had the privelage to read Ewen's translation in its entirety and I can assure you it'll be a nice read when it finally comes out.

While I'm attempting to be faithful to the original book, if you have the Japanese copy, you'll notice a variety of improvements in the eventual English version. I'll probably show a few off in the previously mentioned blog entry.