Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by MacLeod »

Pretty fantastic stuff.

Is there any way we could some more preview material...? I'd like to see the full entry for the new Attack Ability, for instance. :)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I hope to keep posting updates periodically to claygardner.blogspot.com. So check by for the latest!
patchouli
Shelled Plebeian

Post by patchouli »

How nice! An update!

Hope it turns out great !!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Anything?
MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

I'm hoping to hear about when this kickstarter is going live. It will have a dramatic affect on my finances especially if it happens around the same time as the TBZ kickstarter. I need to plan!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Well, like always "I hope soon." Is the answer. I am going to try to not have it be cocurrent with TBZ or Golden Sky Stories, but since all three books seem to have a problem getting out the door...

In any case, I meant to post a blog update last week, but an image I was going to use to discuss box quality mysteriously disappeared off the printer's website. I contacted them asking about it...but no response. May have to go forward with it without the box pictures, but that was half the point...

Anyway, expect a slight blog update Monday or so.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

A little later than I intended, but here's the Kickstarter update: http://claygardner.blogspot.com/2012/06 ... e-6d6.html
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

When might this start? And when might the game be ready? It's been postponed forever and seeing "playtest" makes me think the wait's going to be even longer. As far as boxed set goes, I'm for quality. I want it to last.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this!

I really need to reword "playtest" as it seems to continually draw the same red flags from everyone. I just mean a general buffing and sanding of the rules, looking for typos and errors, that sort of thing. No DRASTIC changes to the game will be made nor will it result in any appreciable delays. In fact this "playtesting" will likely continue after the PDF release in prep to make the Print release the best it can be.

I'm thinking end of July for the kickstarter...but you know how I am with dates. It will be 100% this summer though. That's a guarantee, and you won't see me guarantee often.

As for the box, it may unfortunately need to be dropped, or changed to a "stretch goal" for the funding. Getting decent boxes in the hundreds just is not feasible.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I'm all for a HC, if possible. I want you to know that OVA has become pretty much my favorite system and you've got a hardcore supporter/fan in me (hence why it's so frustrating when we sit with no news! LOL). In the end, I'd be happy with a color SC, if it means the game's out sooner. It looks amazing the changes you've made seem very smart.

Is there any chance we can get some more teasers on what's changed? Especially attack and how the different abilities can be customized.

We (my group) were hoping to see things like a difference between mental and actual invisibility. Something to differentiate regeneration with healing others. You know, stuff. The base system's so elegant and I'd hate to see it messed with too much. Just some thoughts.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Will the Revised Edition have a defensive Power Move? I think that would be very cool.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Bubba,

Once things are more concretely in motion, you see all kinds of reveals and tidbits as the Kickstarter goes through its run.

In the meantime, there is no "Defensive Power Move" per se...largely because there is no Power Move at all. A lot of things have been changed around and simplified.

That said, every Ability in the game can now be modified by Perks and Flaws. So you can take any defensive style ability (like Barrier) and apply a lot of Power Move-esque qualities to it.

Hope that answers your question!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

That does, thanks! You've no idea how much I've grown to love this game and want to see it released soon. :)
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Clay wrote:I really need to reword "playtest" as it seems to continually draw the same red flags from everyone. I just mean a general buffing and sanding of the rules, looking for typos and errors, that sort of thing. No DRASTIC changes to the game will be made nor will it result in any appreciable delays. In fact this "playtesting" will likely continue after the PDF release in prep to make the Print release the best it can be.
QC? Beta testing? Delta testing?
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!