Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

ShinreiKuno
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by ShinreiKuno »

Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to run the original, myself. I've been off and on working on a campaign setting that's sort of a cross between Ghost in the Shell and Silent Mobius.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I've run a more anime-focused version of the Shadow War in CthulhuTech (The Eldritch Society vs The Chrysalis Corporation), Star Wars, Exalted (we made some snazzy home-rules that, while powerful, work very well), as well as our own "Strike Force Zero" setting (it's been a blast). I've also been knocking around an idea for "Soul Eater: The Next Class" and that's been going very well. All-in-all I'd try the game. It's got a lot of coolness that's no apparent until you play and it's a gem to run.
ShinreiKuno
Shelled Plebeian

Post by ShinreiKuno »

It looks like a great game, and most importantly for me, it's a very simple system. I'm a long time fan of the old BESM game, but didn't really like what they did with 3rd edition. Now, conning my players into it may be difficult (doesn't help that I'm a relatively novice GM). Then again, I did get them to play in Anima, and that's one of the more complex games I've ever run. I think I'll start with a solo session with a friend of mine and see how it goes.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

What reservations are you having about it?
ShinreiKuno
Shelled Plebeian

Post by ShinreiKuno »

I only really foresee two issues. The first is my gaming group is more the D&D and World of Darkness type, with me being the token oddball who's dying to try lots (and I do mean lots) of other systems. The other would be reminding some of the players that not all Anime is comedy, and I'd want the game to run relatively serious.
Commissar Jake
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Commissar Jake »

A charecter figure you say? hmmm, I think Miho or Fukiko would be good. Anyway all those Kickstarter rewards sound good, Looking forward to novemeber now.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I very much like the idea of minis, but at this point an actual printed color-copy of the game would be enough.

And Clay, don't get discouraged. I would like it if you were on here more often and gave more teasers/updates, but once it's out I'm sure people will give it a good look. Have faith!
mordellus
Shelled Plebeian

Post by mordellus »

I've recently discovered OVA and absolutely loved it! So I would definitely contribute to a Kickstart campaign if I could get an early pdf release of the book and more depending on the premium items offered.

Like Bubba333, I too, would check back more often if there were more updates. Even just teasers or thoughts on the upcoming revision. I'm sure when the new version is released the boards will fill up with rule questions/comments and descriptions of campaigns.

Keep up the good work Clay. The RPG community needs more great games.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Welcome, mordellus! It's great to "meet" another fan of the awesome game!
mordellus
Shelled Plebeian

Post by mordellus »

Thanks Bubba333 for the warm welcome. I look forward to discussing OVA and hopefully soon, the revised edition with everyone.

Clay, how will we be notified of the Kickstarter campaign should you start one?
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Sadly, Clay doesn't come here often. I'm not sure why. Maybe the game's a no-go and he fears our wrath! :twisted:

I hope not. That would make me sad. The game being a no-go, not the fearing us. That part would be cool. :wink:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sorry, guys, you have to forgive me. These forums spend so much time dead, and I have so much work lately, I've fallen out of the habit of checking it daily. Now that there's some new faces, I'll try to rectify that.

In any case, I will post on these forums, the wiseturtle.com front page, and on my blogs, ovarpg.blogspot.com and www.claygardner.com. Any of these methods will do as well as any other, take your pick. :)

Fret not Bubba, OVA is not dead, or dying, or even down with a mild cold. It just takes a while to do a game right.

And when I HAVE updates to share, I'd love to do so. There just isn't much in the way of such things yet.

Welcome to the board, and I hope you haven't been too scared away by my absence.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

You're awesome, Clay. Thanks! Is there anything else you can share? Have you settled on a name for "Attack"? You know, stuff? :mrgreen:
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

No? *super sad-face*
The Fifth Wanderer
Shelled Plebeian

Post by The Fifth Wanderer »

*starts digging through the couch for money to donate*

Too many games, not enough time. I'll chip in if I can.
Three Rules of Anime:

1) Never pick a fight with an old man.

2) If it's cute, kill it now and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

3) Learn a musical instrument; after that, you can do anything.