Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by Bubba333 »

Yeah, I'm done. Maybe if/when this game comes out I'll buy it, but there's no way I'm going to participate in any Kickstarter. Good luck!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Bubba,

Sorry to hear that, but it's understandable. I'm here, I just, as of yet, having nothing to report. Just feels like there's only so many times you can drop in and say "Nothing yet, guys!"

That aside, I've been migrating to a new PC for the past two weeks, in the midst of that returning said PC and having to start the process entirely over. So I haven't been doing much of ANYTHING for these two weeks. (Besides a bit of twittering, as Joe Mello pointed out.) That says nothing for the previous months, and for that I can only say I'm sorry.

In any case, I've said it before: I won't release OVA in a previewed or barebones form. I know many of you would like to see it, and I'm sorry I can't deliver that to you. But I believe in delivering the product as the best it can be, however long it takes.

However, I am going to get this art situation sorted out by the end of December. If things don't start moving along, I am making new plans, and maybe we can look forward to actual updates again, hmm?

Thanks for sticking with this guys, those of you that are. And those that move on, well, I certainly can't blame you.

Take care.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

mordellus wrote:I certainly hope not, this is the only game system that really fits the way I like to GM and play. Others in my group certainly like it. The only complaint I've had has been from one player not really understanding probability behind the dice rolls.

I'm working on a new fantasy campaign world and hopefully by the time I finish it I can run a campaign with the revised edition rules.

Keep at it Clay. I'll be more than happy to support the Kickstarter campaign or buy the pdf from an online retailer.
Show your player this thread, as it breaks down the probabilities really well. The original poster mixes it with his proposed d10 system, so be careful where you're looking. :)
JuddG
Worthy Tortoise

Post by JuddG »

I have done quite a few Kickstarters with good results, so I would be in with bells on.

BTW, this is my first post in awhile. Good to be back.
Judd M. Goswick
Gamemaster
Legion Anime/Gaming Society
Malckuss
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Malckuss »

Any updates, Clay? Did the art situation sort itself out, or do you need to get a new approach?
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Malckuss wrote:Any updates, Clay? Did the art situation sort itself out, or do you need to get a new approach?

Man, I've peeked in from time-to-time and I am shocked that there's no word.

Clay, you seem like a cool guy so please, give us loyal fans something. Even if it's just coming here once a week to discuss/post tidbits about the Revised Edition, that would be better than nothing. You don't want to let this game die. Seriously, even if people aren't anime fans, the system is a total gem!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

So, what's the sitch?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Same as always, dude. But I really expect to have something to show off in the coming week. Yeah, I know, I say that a lot. But hopefully you'll see!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Don't worry about the wait, it's the silence that's unnerving. But, your news is good. Thanks!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Clay wrote:Same as always, dude. But I really expect to have something to show off in the coming week. Yeah, I know, I say that a lot. But hopefully you'll see!
Two weeks! ;)
MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

Been watching this whole thing for a while and I decided to register an account in order to say...

Hope the Kickstarter begins soon. :)
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

MacLeod wrote:Been watching this whole thing for a while and I decided to register an account in order to say...

Hope the Kickstarter begins soon. :)
I wouldn't hold your breath...

Yes, I'm the resident grumpus. :D
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

mordellus
Shelled Plebeian

Post by mordellus »

I guess good things come to those who wait. Although, I still don't like waiting... Very nice cover Clay. It shows off the iconic characters very well.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Sweet cover! I would applaud that as the final draft.