Street Fighter Game

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Agreed. Poor/Filthy Rich is more of a character-defining trait than anything else. I doubt there will be any important elements of this campaign that will hinge on Ryu's resources.

Besides, his lack of money is diluted because of the Sugar Daddy that is the Masters family.
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

On the topic of fantasy characters how would the DBZ characters work? they are the most powerful characters if not one of the highest ones. It seems it would be hard to fit them on a spectrum of what OVA has to offer. No offense or anything.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Well, as long as the super-powered fighters only fight each other, it's not really a problem. Just use the scale for attack and defense abilities as if it only applied to super-fighters. (ie. +1 is okay for a super-fighter, like perhaps Krillin, and +5 is really awesome for a super-fighter, like Goku at his prime, etc.) Describing collateral damage as mountainside's being demolished instead of small brick walls also helps.

It's only problematic when, say, you want Goku to fight Bulma or other such cases where a super-powered fighter is interacting with a normal person. Obviously a +1 for Goku and his kin is not even remotely the same as if Bulma had +1 in anything.

You can get around this by assuming that anyone like Goku can obliterate a normal person with both arms tied behind their back. But, if you really want to account for any of these unlikely fighting combinations, scale rules will be included in OVA mecha that can apply.
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

Ahh I get it now I am still not used to the whole system yet (started reading it 5 days ago) and I can't wait for the next book.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Well, this situation is not explained explicitly in the book, so you can't really fault unfamiliarity with the game. (By and large, DBZ power levels are limited to...well...Dragon Ball Z, and I felt it wasn't needed for your average game.)
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

ahh kk makes sense it might me a good idea for those who are DBZ fans to know but I much rather have the mecha book first.