Some questions regarding a possible AnimeRPG Wiki

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Some questions regarding a possible AnimeRPG Wiki

Post by Michael Hopcroft »

I'm trying to figure out how to put together a general-purpose Wiki for anime-based and anime-style RPGing. I was wondering a few things:

1. does anyone know anything about starting these things up, what a good host for one would be, etc.?

2. How many people would be interested in contributing OVA material to this sort of thing, or reading it?

3. what other sort of material would be people be interested in seeing and/or contributing to this wiki?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

PBwiki is the place to go. It has some text ads on it, but it works in a pinch and is easy to set up. So far, I've created a wiki for an OVA RP group as well as an OVA mecha playtest wiki, and it worked great.

And no, the playtest wiki is not public yet. ^_^;
Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Clay wrote:PBwiki is the place to go. It has some text ads on it, but it works in a pinch and is easy to set up. So far, I've created a wiki for an OVA RP group as well as an OVA mecha playtest wiki, and it worked great.

And no, the playtest wiki is not public yet. ^_^;
However, The AnimaniaRPGandFan wiki is:

http://animaniarpgandfan.pbwiki.com/

Unfortunately, to get what I really want to see out of it is going to require some funding. it's functional now, but to do what I really want will require a higher level of access and therefore sponsorship. Any ideas on that front from anyone?
DreadSpoon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by DreadSpoon »

Any webhost that lets you install CGI scripts can run a Wiki. If you have PHP and MySQL support, you can run MediaWiki (the biggest, baddest wiki ever).

You can find web hosts with the necesasry support for dirt cheap, and can reuse that host for regular forums and a website, too.
ComicJam
Worthy Tortoise

Post by ComicJam »

I'm trying to access the animaniarpgandfan wiki, I've become a member of PBwiki, but cannot find the animania.. password anywhere. Now, I'm new to this and no nothing about this stuff, so any help would be appreciated! :)

Cheers! :D
Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

ComicJam wrote:I'm trying to access the animaniarpgandfan wiki, I've become a member of PBwiki, but cannot find the animania.. password anywhere. Now, I'm new to this and no nothing about this stuff, so any help would be appreciated! :)

The password to edit the Wiki is something you have to actually obtain from me personally. However, if a page already exists you should be able to read it.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Nice start, Michael. ^_^ I'm terribly busy over the next week or two, but it looks like something that'd be fun to contribute to someday. ^^
ComicJam
Worthy Tortoise

Post by ComicJam »

Michael Hopcroft wrote:
ComicJam wrote:I'm trying to access the animaniarpgandfan wiki, I've become a member of PBwiki, but cannot find the animania.. password anywhere. Now, I'm new to this and no nothing about this stuff, so any help would be appreciated! :)

The password to edit the Wiki is something you have to actually obtain from me personally. However, if a page already exists you should be able to read it.
Oh, ok. I've sent a request using the... er... request form :)