Disabling Guest Posting

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Disabling Guest Posting

Post by Clay »

The spam problem does not seem to be going away, as I hoped it would. Now that we're getting spam from various sources, I feel the only recourse I have left is to disable guest posting.

Registering is super simple; I don't see why it would be a problem...

However, some have requested I don't do this.

Feel free to sell me one way or the other. My mind is not made up yet.
Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Inquisitor Melchior »

If spamming persists you may have no other choice (at least if you don't want posts getting flooded and bumped around as a result of the spam). Still, I had hoped it wouldn't come to this as the boards have received a great deal of interesting and informative posts from unregistered posters.

...But registration is quite easy, and most boards do require you to register to post anyway, so hopefully if you do need to lock out unregistered posters it won't discourage those people who have yet to register from becoming registered posters and continuing to share their views and ideas.
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki
TheGreyReversed
Shelled Plebeian

This is just stupid dumb

Post by TheGreyReversed »

Alright as of today 2/28, 2006 I have seen my 4th spam bot. I know I have just joined these forums recently but the spams already aggravating me so I say you should just restrict anonynous posting.
[i]"Keep talking, and I'll burn your house down and devour your entire family one by one as they come running out." Terror [/i] :D
Father Wendigo
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Father Wendigo »