Should I wait?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Should I wait?

Post by Bubba333 »

Me and my friend have been putting off learning OVA because we wanted to learn the Revised Edition fresh. However, since the new version's not coming out for a bit, should we go ahead and learn the original? I have the PDF already, so it's not an issue of money, we just don't want to scratch our heads and go, "Was that the first or second edition...?". I had too much of that with D&D! :wink:
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Should I wait?

Post by Bubba333 »

Yes? No?
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I'm assuming that I should buy the original! :mrgreen:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Bubba. Hope you (and everyone else here) had a good holiday!

As you've answered for yourself, yes, you should probably stop waiting for the Revised Edition. There's a reason I'm offering the $5 coupon, and that's to help people justify just going for it now instead of waiting on a perpetually delayed game.

That said, the game is much the same, and the only place where it drastically differs is Abilities that require Endurance. Just keep in mind that any Ability that mentions Endurance will not work that way in the revised game. No Ability (except Magic) has a built-in Endurance cost, and you will need to adjust to that in the new edition.

Power Move, Weapon, and Martial Arts have also been combined into a single Attack ability, but that should be too confusing since they all worked pretty similarly anyway.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I have the PDF, but I'm trying to find a print copy. We've made two original settings just for the game and can't wait to play!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

You can try here. :D
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Done, baby. I don't mind having both. Is there a condensed "Here's what's changed..." list? So I can at least try to get a head-start?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I'm afraid not. There will be a Original to Revised conversion guide released, but it's not complete yet. My apologies. The blog does a good job of covering most of the major points.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Very true. I ordered the print version and am reading (as much as I dislike doing so on a screen! LOL) my PDF. It's such a cool book and it just "pings" the right tone for me. It's not too crunchy, but it's also not mired in rules. I like how So much is open.