Less than a month away...

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

MelancholyofNyX
Worthy Tortoise

Less than a month away...

Post by MelancholyofNyX »

I'm excited... Are you excited?! O-V-A! O-V-A! Say it with me now! My friends and I have been waiting patient for so loooooong. I'm buying it the second it's released and we'll probably roll characters and start up a game that same day. How about you?
Cloud
Savior of Turtles

Re: Less than a month away...

Post by Cloud »

I am looking forward to its release as well. Hopefully I can get it in dead tree format on release day.
Watch this and all will become clear...http://tinyurl.com/m7qr3rq
MelancholyofNyX
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MelancholyofNyX »

Well we know it won't be available in printed form immediately... but eventually I'd like to have it that way too. Still... I find it strange that with the release so close at hand we haven't heard a peep out of Clay. I keep dreading the day I wake up and check the forum only to find out that it's been delayed again... Please reassure me Clay ^_^
Oni
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Oni »

It would be nice to know that everything is on track. I've recommended people to OVA a few times recently, partially based on the fact that the new edition is supposed to be available soon and all the changes from the blog sound solid, but I'm starting to feel wary about doing that because of the lack of confirmation/activity and the date drawing so near. I don't want to tell people to wait for something when I'm not sure how long that wait will be. I hope it's on time, I'd like to get a copy.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey all. Details on the release date can be found in this thread.

As for the print version of the game, it will be released some time after the PDF. The main reason is that the process of getting a book printed takes much longer than simply releasing it as a PDF, and I'd rather get you guys the PDF as soon as possible.

Another reason I discovered with the original OVA is that a PDF release is really useful for catching ommissions and errors that might've otherwise gone into the printed book. I try to prevent these things from happening, of course, but I guess after you read an RPG or two, you realize all RPG designers seem to fail in this regard. :)