OVA on Kickstarter.com

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

solfuries
Shelled Plebeian

OVA on Kickstarter.com

Post by solfuries »

This message is more for Clay than anyone else, but comments are welcome.

Clay, I don't know if you have heard of it or not, but http://www.kickstarter.com might be an excellent site to assist in publishing the Revised OVA.

Basically, you define a project, how much money you need and when it will be completed. Then, anyone can fund your project in exchange for tiered gifts of some kind.

Say, donate 5 bucks to the project, get a PDF version. Donate $20 get a print version. Donate $50 get a print, pdf, and special thanks in the book. Donate $100 and get a character modeled after you, included in the book.

These are just examples you can set the rewards to your liking. It is just a really great site for Indie projects, and I thought perhaps you would benefit from it. Ok, I am done with the pitch, haha, check it out if you like.

http://www.kickstarter.com
Tubercular Ox
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Tubercular Ox »

Donate $X get a beta copy of the rules.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I've thought about it now and again in the past. I always shy away from it...but I've seen Greg Stolze and other RPG designers have great success with it. So...maybe you'll see it there at some point. At least to get the print-run funded.

Ox: haha, as I said in another thread, I may have another playtest session yet. :)
trechriron
Shelled Plebeian

Post by trechriron »

This is an EXCELLENT idea! I think it would be very successful.
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, and Creative Professional
www.10nw-web.com
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Jandar »

trechriron wrote:This is an EXCELLENT idea! I think it would be very successful.
Oh yeah. I think so, too. I would support OVA in this form.

I hope I'll hold the new book in my hands come Christmas time.