Something to go on....

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

solfuries
Shelled Plebeian

Something to go on....

Post by solfuries »

So now that the revised weblog has ground to a halt, I cannot get my OVA fix anywhere....

I am in-between games, not wanting to start the next campaign until the revised edition comes out, but it seem so very far away.

Don't you want to release a sneak peak? Help with playtesting? Something to curb the hunger I have for this game? Clay?

Not to mention ricochet has pretty much ruined me for most other games. When I sit down to roll a character I see so much needless effort, and then combat becomes a slow paced terror. So since OVA has forever swayed me in its favor could we get something to go on?

***Notice the tongue and cheek tone of this post***

Revised in waiting,
Solfuries
bushido11
Worthy Tortoise

Post by bushido11 »

You can incorporate the listed changes and apply them, in the meantime. Playtesting it would be cool, though. I wonder how that's going to turn out.

A nice alternative in the meantime would be Savage Worlds, since it's great for quick prep time. The campaign settings they have are really cool, too. It really shines when you apply tactical combat, so if you're not into that sort of thing, it loses some of its effect.
solfuries
Shelled Plebeian

Post by solfuries »

Do you mean something like Deadlands via Savage Worlds or something else? I am doing some searching, but do you have a link to what you mean exactly? I am interested.
bushido11
Worthy Tortoise

Post by bushido11 »

I wasn't referring to any specific setting, but if you want a link to something in a more general direction, there's http://peginc.com/, Pinnacle's website.

Deadlands works, if that's what you're interested in. I'd like to play in that setting, but don't know a GM who has it. As for a Savage Setting I'd like to GM, that would be Sundered Skies. I've always been fascinated by settings that contain floating land masses (maybe that's why Burning Crusade was my favorite of the World of Warcraft expansions so far).
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sorry for the lengthy time responding. I've had to slog through a bunch of work lately.

In any case, when things are further along, I may launch a closed playtest group to give it a final look before it goes to press. Likewise, the blog isn't entirely dead...I do plan to make an update now and again. :)