Can OVA handle ninja battles well?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

zeth
Worthy Tortoise

Can OVA handle ninja battles well?

Post by zeth »

No I am not talking about the revised OVA that is being released in 2010. I am talking about the CURRENT OVA I have now in my hot little hands. Can it handle naruto like ninja battles?
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

That's an awfully vague statement. Are you looking for some particular aspect of ninja battles?
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
zeth
Worthy Tortoise

Post by zeth »

No just your typical super powered ninja battle.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

To clarify, the new and old OVA are roughly compatible. While tons of things are improved and otherwise altered, how the game handles, say, ninja battles, hasn't changed all that drastically.

Disclaimer aside, I'd like to think OVA was built for super-powered ninja battles. If nothing else, the assumption OVA makes that all combatants can close in and fight each other embodies the jumping-all-over-the-map that such battles entail. Likewise, even the old Martial Arts, Weapon, and Power Move Abilities are perfectly adequate for handling any of a ninja's repertoire.

Of course, I may be a little biased.
calibur1
Worthy Tortoise

Post by calibur1 »

Why wouldn't OVA be able to handle Naruto like ninja battles? I can attest that in both the original and revised rules I have run fun and fast ninja duels between two powerful rivals and large-scale ninja minion ambushes against groups of PCs.