Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle

Post by Joe_Mello »

I thought that a variant of this would be a good idea for a game, especially for someone who a) has members of a party often go in and out and b) would like to push the limits of OVA's storytelling (and thus your own) capabilities.

For those who don't know, Tsubasa is about a young boy who is searching throughout multiple universes in order to restore the memory of the girl he loves at the cost of her memories of him....at least until the first 30 Xanatos Pileup happens. Anyway, the idea would be to take the gist of the initial premise and make that a usable campaign.

The hook here is that I would like this to be a collaborative project. Even though I'd like to think I'm pretty creative, I know the addition of just one module from someplace else would make it more creative. Best case scenario is that this gets published as a showcase of the (soon to be revised) rules and just how much O and V there is in OVA.

Thoughts, comments, whatevers go below. Obviously, this is so pre-alpha it's not even funny.
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

It's certainly a neat idea, Joe! Especially with a lot of contributors. But from past experience *cough Battlemaster High cough* a lot of contributors usually means inconsistent work ethic and completely impossible to actually release in any form.

But still, such things can be incredibly fun. I'd certainly be interested where it goes.
The History Follower
Shelled Plebeian

Post by The History Follower »

I like the idea of useing Tsubasa to build a campaign around. It's a good idea for bringing different people together and the whole quest angle is always cool for a game.

As for the project, I'm not sure about using this for just module, but one where everyone has like a limited number of pages to create a different universe for the team to vise would be possible.

What about that?