Nazo's Illusions.

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Of The Game People
Shelled Plebeian

Nazo's Illusions.

Post by Of The Game People »

Like the title says and which I brought up briefly in another topic, Ive been curious about Nazo's Illusion ability since discovering it on her character sheet.

Having made a psychic character I decided to give him the ability to make Illusions as well (Though with the weakness that it only works on people). Since there is no information in the about Illusions in the book, I with the help of my GM had to work out the mechanics.

We thought that under Nazo, her ability would allow her to make any kind of illusion which would then be opposed with abilities like Willpower and perhaps Perceptive to see that it isnt real.

So I here I am again, asking each of your thoughts on how such ability would work in your opinion. So how do see it?
Siroh
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Siroh »

My take on it would be to treat it halfway between Psychic and Charisma. The illusionist is trying to convince the people in the area of something outlandish or extremely plausible. Apply bonuses or penalties similar to Psychic. Targets resist with Willpower and Perception, take penalties with Naive, and Weak Willed. Characters that can sense the power causing the illusion can get a +1 bonus to resist because they know something is up.

just my quick thoughts.
Siroh
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Know what the best part is? There's probably no right answer to this. :3

Now, that doesn't mean that there aren't wrong answers, but...
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!