OVA Mecha: Playtesting?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

gale_wolf
Shelled Plebeian

Post by gale_wolf »

Clay wrote:Although the previous playtest session did peter out, it's not officially over. I just had some other work to attend to and work on OVA mecha took a back burner. Something our playtest group never managed to do was actually get some people to try some tactical rules I had written for the game. If either/both of you are game for trying just that one aspect of the new game, I certainly could use the help.
My groups is very big on tactical play and could probably be persuaded to give a tac game of OVA Mecha a go. We've played a lot of Mekton Zeta and Silhouette Heavy Gear and Jovian Chronicles, among other non-mecha tac games. I like OVA a lot so would be willing to try and get a tac game running if you're still looking for a tactical game group.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I have PMed those who have expressed interest in playtesting OVA mecha and sent them a link to the wiki. Most of the information regarding Abilities and such are outdated and should be left alone. I am only looking for people to test out the tactical game at this time.

Thanks!
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Jandar »

Hello Clay!

Thank you very much for recommending this forum to me.
I think this is just my kind of community, and I want to help improve and popularize OVA the best that I can.

Now, my first question for you here is:
Could I please join the playtesting of OVA Mecha or is that all concluded by now?

I would indeed have some time left for testing that.
Kotetsutheo
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Kotetsutheo »

I've been looking for some coherent mecha rules for a long time, and am very interested in playtesting these.
:twisted: I hope they are as good as the regular game
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

There was a brief playtest some time back, but it was more of a friendly discussion of some Ability ideas than any sort of true game-testing. I need to clean up the wiki to target tactical rules specifically. They were nearly ignored before, and are really what I want to test out.

When that's done, I'll send interested parties a PM. If you're not able to grab a friend and play a tactical game (ala Battletech), then you need not apply.

And welcome aboard Jandar! Hope you enjoy your time here.
treyfire
Shelled Plebeian

Game testing

Post by treyfire »

I'm going to be running an OVA game starting in Jan. that is going to be a mix of Gasaraki and Ghost in the Shell and it would be nice to have some rules on mechs. So if you have any game-testing materials available by then, I'd love to try it out and give you feedback.
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Jandar »

Hi Clay!

Please don't forget to e-mail me or PM me on time once you have the new tactical rules, or anything else, to playtest for OVA Mecha. I can hardly wait for them. I will have friends here with whom I can run a quick tactical game.

Thanks for the updates. Stay in touch.
:)
TsukasaGr
Shelled Plebeian

Post by TsukasaGr »

I and my group would be interested in playtesting the rules too :) So feel free to PM me when you are ready. :)
Gunner's Broom
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

I can do mock fights and try the stuff out if ya want Clay if you are still betaing it.
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Jandar »

Hello jakk9000.

I hope that eventually I'll get in on this project, too. If you check the thread above, I mailed Clay about it almost a year ago, but he hasn't got back to me about it.

I don't have to be a playtester, of course. I just hope that eventually we'll have an OVA Mecha book. I wouldn't mind the tactical aspects myself ... (I'm hardly a boardgamer and I have never played Mekton, but still ...)
jzamyslowski
Shelled Plebeian

Post by jzamyslowski »

Hey Clay,

My group is planning to run a Robotech game and if you still need some people to play test the Mecha rules we are all game.
[url=http://www.ff-fan.com][img]http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/sephiroth.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest]Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?[/url]
[url=http://www.ff-fan.com/final-fantasy-7]Final Fantasy 7[/url]
JalieDanielle
Shelled Plebeian

Post by JalieDanielle »

Any word on about when this is coming out?
If not soon, is playtesting still possible?
I'm hoping to start a game based on the Macross series and more specifically, Macross Frontier. 8)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Plans for OVA mecha are currently on hold as I go through the task of revising the text of the main book. Once I complete that, I will probably create a new thread about mecha playtesting.

Thank you everyone for your continued interest in this much-delayed product.
calibur1
Worthy Tortoise

Post by calibur1 »

Plans for OVA mecha are currently on hold as I go through the task of revising the text of the main book. Once I complete that, I will probably create a new thread about mecha playtesting.

Thank you everyone for your continued interest in this much-delayed product.
So the rumors are true? I know in another thread you were kicking around revisions. I rather see a revised book over the mecha book anyway. I can create mecha pretty well now as it is, but tighter descriptions and explanations in the "core" book would really help my players. Curious though... What are you gonna call the new OVA? OVA Revised Edition? OVA Advanced? OVA *cough* *cough* 4th edition? (I call paladin and mark my territory!)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

In actuality, I may avoid a new title entirely. I'm kind of looking at it as a reboot, an OVA how it was supposed to be, more or less.

At the very least, I may pull a D&D 4e and not mention it on the cover. ;D

That said, any concerns you have with OVA, at present, I'd very much like to hear about. Just email me or post on the forums. I tend to miss PMs, so that choice isn't highly recommended. *laughs*