Name Changes

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Kotetsutheo
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Kotetsutheo »

:twisted: It has been a while since I've posted anything, but I hope to get back into the swing of things.

Well..... to put in my 2 cents,
Acrobat - Good.
Animal Companion/Servant/Ally/Companion - Extra. If a duck is a duck, call it a duck, not the bird swimming in the water.
Armored - Good.
Charismatic - Alright. I just thought of Art of Attraction, as well as Forceful Personality, which could be combined with Intimidating.
Wealthy - or maybe just Wealth.
knowledge - FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Inventor - Good.

Pariah - Outsider. Not as in your plae of existence, but relevant to whatever social structure you belong to.
Short Tempered - 2 letters.....? Alt. how about Furious?

This will require some explanation, so let me begin. First off, you could change Knockback to Impact, which leads to Mighty Impact and/or Impactless (for No Knockback.) Next, Slow - Delay (no -ed) is really easy on the eyes.
Other Terms:
Damage Total - M1 x M2 = D; The difference in attack and defense generates a players Margin1. Each attack has a Multiplier2. Multiply the Margin by the Multiplier to get your Damage. Clean, Neat, Simple.
This rolls into the Power perks and flaws section; Extra Damage becomes Increased Multiplier, Decreased Damage to Decreased Multiplier.

I'd say more, but have to get back to work.

Thoughts?

Edit 12/17/07:
some other thoughts I have been mulling over, but havent' really gotten any coherency to. I'm thinking about actually splitting the Abilities into 2 different categories, Abilities and Attributes. Abilities would be all those that you would need to roll. Attributes would be those that you don't have to. As I type this, I realize that the idea will probably get nuked as I think I'm hung up on a different system. However, the idea being that you could put points into something that you would never need to roll (E.g. Mecha, Items, Background Abilities (Ambidexterity, Kensei/GunBunny stuff, Wealth, Organizational ties) Something like that.

Thoughts/Coments?

Edit - 12/17/07: Yikes this is getting long...

So I went through the most recent edition of the book and have come up with thus:

Barrier/Barrier Offensive/Unnatural Resistance: Become a Power Perk of Armored.
Combat Skill/ Defense/ Martial Arts: Combat Training with a specification in either Attack or Defense or taking it twice for both. The Martial Arts is really just a trapping.
Endurance Reserve/ Vitality/Tough: Extra Endurance/Health. Item can become a power perk just like anything else. If the power is enhancing or adding to something, why complicate things?
Beauty/Charisma/Cute/Intimidation: Presence. From there you can delineate wither its looks or charisma.
Flunkies/Servants/Animal Companion: Extra. Trappings will decide what the specifics are.
Acrobat/Occult Knowledge/Pilot: Change to Profession and/or remove all together and place under Knowledge; as in “I’m a Professional Acrobat and there fore have Knowledge: Acrobatics at +3.
Flight/Super Speed/Teleport: Special Movement; with trappings like burrowing, flight, jumping, speed, swimming. As with Knowledge, you must specify a type.
Hammerspace: while cute, Pocket Dimension would better spell out what the power is and does.
Heal: Maybe to Healing, but not major.
Invention/ Focused Invention: Inventor with Focused being a perk. I would separate it from Profession so that its extraordinary ability is noted.
Magic, Arcane/Witchcraft: Roll into one ability Magic with a trapping to specify if it is add or sub. The player can name it themselves.
Passion: ??? I have no idea why this is even in here.
Heightened Senses/Perceptive/Sixth Sense: Very redundant. Without much trouble a character could be rolling 8+ dice to “notice” anything, clues, people, conversations, ambushes. Consolidation maybe?
Smart/Strong/Agile/Quick: Enhanced attribute. Add a trapping and off you go with Intelligence/Strength/ Stamina/Agility/Dexterity, whatever.
Weapon: Something like this should be given, although for things like Power Moves, you could give a cost break for powers relying on these.

My 2+2+4 cents.
The greatest evil of all is the indifference of good men.
Kotetsutheo
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Kotetsutheo »

:?: Figured i'd bump this and see what people thought.
The greatest evil of all is the indifference of good men.
JuddG
Worthy Tortoise

Post by JuddG »

Kotetsutheo wrote::?: Figured i'd bump this and see what people thought.
Nothing to add to it or take issue with, per se, but I think you have some good input. I have a tendancy to make these cosmetic twinks as I create things for a game. As long as the play group understands and uses the same terms, all is well.

That being said, some names imply a more strictured use than the aspect actually has. It is hard to find those happy mediums when you work on somethign over and over...
Judd M. Goswick
Gamemaster
Legion Anime/Gaming Society
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

I like the names ya have it add more flavor imo.