Wanted Printer Friendly PDF & Updates

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sister Machine Gun
Shelled Plebeian

Wanted Printer Friendly PDF & Updates

Post by Sister Machine Gun »

I want to buy this game. The only 2 things holding me back is "it is not printer friendly". The other is if I do buy the PDF I can't print it because you're in the middle of a revision or updating it and it will cost me another printing. No ones got the book in my area and the book w/ shipping is a bit pricy. Is there anyway you can do a printer friendly version soon and do you know when you'll be releasing the udates?
& Brother BOMB fishing in the rivers of life.
Most call me SisterMG but you can call me Calamity.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I'm afraid a printer friendly version is not likely to happen soon, if ever. However, the entire text of the PDF is selectable and copy-pastable. With a little bit of time, it's perfectly feasible to copy the whole book, or just the parts you want to reference, into a Word document and print away.

As for this revision, it will likely be some time before it's complete. Like...way long time. Just ask other people here...Wise Turtle is not the most timely company on the block.
Sister Machine Gun
Shelled Plebeian

Clay wrote:However, the entire text of the PDF is selectable and copy-pastable. With a little bit of time, it's perfectly feasible to copy the whole book, or just the parts you want to reference, into a Word document and print away.
That's a bunch of crap :evil: The text selector for Adobe Reader wants to select the background text and add it to the block text or the side page bars added into the text someplace. Then, on the other hand, I select a page and some words or paragraphs of text are missing or jumbled in with other text. Let's not forget that text in boxes when selected are in a list PLUS jumbled.

I'd got to just about write the damn whole book again :evil: How in the world you got it to select readable text is a question.

BTW, the art is fantastic. The layout is nice. So far I like what I've read :) So I'm not too upset.

Now to figure a way to print this sucker without have to buy $80 worth of ink :? I guess the printed version was looking like a better deal.
Please make the add-ons coming up at least printer-friendly :idea:
Sister Machine Gun
Shelled Plebeian

PRINTED :!: I't wasn't too bad. I left off the front cover, the quote, all the full page graphics, the art credits, the adds at the end of the book, and the back blurb. It still was a chunk of ink but I've printed worse. I still like a printer-friendly one day. What would help is take the top and bottom header off and the side chapter bars on each page (that'd save a lot of ink).

Clay, still try to include a printer-friendly version with your upcoming releases, please.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I'm glad it worked out for you, and I really am sorry for the inconvenience. I'll consider a printer-friendly version for future editions of the book.