Availability

Got a question? Serious, silly, relevent, or otherwise, Wise Turtle just might have the answer!

Moderator: Wise Turtle

Joe_Mello

Availability

Post by Joe_Mello »

Here's a *gasp* relevant question:

Will the OVA book be availble in tangible "bricks and mortar" book and/or gaming stores? I think that it's worth the $20 just to read it, let alone use it for a campaign.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Since this is a question that doesn't call for Wise Turtle's infinite wisdom, I think I'll give a shot at answering it. Hopefully the Wise One won't mind...

Anyway, the answer is yes. I am working on procuring additional artwork that will be exclusive to the printed release. Once that happens, it will also be available at RPGnow.com. Because it will have an ISBN, your local stores CAN order it, if they want to. Whether they will or not is another matter entirely. ^_^

And it's good you think it's worth $20...that's the intended price point. ^^
hobbit_marco
Shelled Plebeian

Post by hobbit_marco »

Can you give us some kind of timeframe?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

If all goes well, within the next few months.

But we all saw how well the PDF version of OVA did in that regard. ^^;
Father Wendigo
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Father Wendigo »

What are you talking about, Clay?

Considering that the PDF was due out in 20004, I'd say that releasing your product 17,999 years early was pretty timely. :twisted:
Thomas
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Thomas »

I'd like ta point out that even thought OVA might have been a little slow in releasing its still faster than Blizzard. And the main problem is, of course, slow turtles. ^_^;; (You'll notice he still hasn't made it over to over to his rambling spot, maybe he needs Clay to give him a boost up the hill. Silly fat turtles ^_- ).

-Thomas the gnome is going into hiding.
Father Wendigo
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Father Wendigo »

The point is you got your product out before Duke Nukem Forever. That has to count for something.
Stormfalcon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Stormfalcon »

Got a question regarding how the print version is to be handled. I do understand that the print version will be b&w instead of color (like the PDF is). Will that apply to print-on-demand, or can you have the PDF printed-on-demand in color for the appropriate extra cost? This is coming from someone who did pony up the extra moolah for the full-color version of BESM d20 when that came out, but isn't quite as willing to pony up the $120 that Kinko's would charge for printing and binding the PDF.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

B&W will be the standard release. I AM looking into the option of full color PoD. Lulu.com has this option, but I'm not sure if and how it works in the RPGnow.com version of their services.

Either way, it's quite pricy...but not quite as bad as your Kinkos tab. ^_^