[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Wise Turtle Publishing • View topic - Component - a new Ability for complex combatants

It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Component - a new Ability for complex combatants
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:19 am 
Worthy Tortoise

Last edited by StarRaven on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: StarRaven's Rules Tweaks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 am 
Exalted Amphibian

This is looking pretty cool.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:23 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Pretty sure Mal'll at least find someway to utilize his custom Monstrous Ruleset.

Still, I can't help but think that there should be at least the choice to increase the HP reserve of that particular target limb if only to show that certain parts of that limb would be harder to take out than othrrs, though obviously not be more than the Core HP.

As for the Ability name, Gestalt Part might be more appropriate, the total being greater than the sum of its parts and all. Still, something to consider for those larger foes that take just a bit more strategy to take out such as taking out a spacecraft's engines to immobilize it for example.

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm 
Worthy Tortoise

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:11 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 am 
Worthy Tortoise

Last edited by StarRaven on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:12 am 
Exalted Amphibian

I see it now. Guess that's what you get for trying to read a forum entry on an outdated smart phone model.

Converting Rift's Entries from Megaversal to OVA isn't the issue, the infamous legality of Palladium Book's lawyers are. Not the kind of attention you want in my opinion.

Let's not get into Hero System's Se-Se-Seventeen core Attributes, shall we. Though to be honest, I'm still trying to read book one of those rules, and all because I wanted to understand the rules for Star Hero. Figures....

Rest in Peace, Dad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 am 
Worthy Tortoise

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:28 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:10 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

I like both rules and will most likely use them both in my games :)

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:21 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Rest in Peace, Dad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 am 
Exalted Amphibian

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:48 am 
Worthy Tortoise

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:04 am 
Exalted Amphibian

Eh. I could see the same effect being done with using Affinities for attacks and also applying Affinities for Abilities without needing this Ability as something separate. For example, the Wyvern could be built using Tough instead of Component, and using Affinities to describe the Flight and Tail Smash attacks (so if a party attacks the wings or tail, you'd know to 'de-activate' those Abilities and Attacks). Your Component idea is similar in a way to My Monstrous Abilities- a way to translate anime and video game ideas into a tabletop rpg.

So if the distinction works for your game, then more power to you, but I don't think it's a 'necessary' addition; just as My Monstrous Abilities are not a necessary addition.

I do not wish to subvert or hijack your thread regarding My Monstrous Abilities, so I'll continue that discussion in that thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm 
Worthy Tortoise

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: Clay, Jade Go to page 1, 2  Next