Legionem sum quia multi sumus

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Legionem sum quia multi sumus

Post by Sabersonic »

And now, let's introduce a new franchise. Here's the Sectoid from XCom: Enemy Unknown.
Sectoid
Though small and fragile, the Sectoid make up the bulk of the alien invasion forces and make use of cover and flanking maneuvers. Their most unique ability, however, is their ability to mind meld with each other and boost their combat effectiveness. More experience soldiers, however, quickly learn that one may be able to take out both sectoid units at the same time via the death of the controlling sectoid.

(1 Points)
HEALTH: 10
ENDURANCE: 10
TV: 7
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Plasma Pistol” (Affinity, Energy. Armor Piercing x2; Impairing; Ranged. Ammunition; Inaccurate; ; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light/Free Environment)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Art of Invisibility
  • +2 - Attack
  • +3 - Combat Expert “Mind Merge” (Assisted; Requirement, Psychic)
  • +2 - Dexterous
  • +2 - Evasive
  • +2 - Intuitive
  • +2 - Knowledge “Squad Tactics”
  • +3 - Psychic
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Awkward Size (Small)
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance
  • -1 - Endurance Use (Psychic)
  • -1 - Frail
  • -1 - Languid
  • -1 - Quirk “Run on all four limbs”
  • -3 - Restricted Freedom “Alien Invasion Army”
  • -3 - Servitude “Ethereals”
  • -2 - Weak
And that'll be it for this installment. So then, any suggestions to this batch of entries or are they fine as they are presented?
Last edited by Sabersonic on Thu May 04, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Can some one please delete that obvious bot reply? I will not have this topic of mine be polluted by such spam.

UPDATE: Thank you moderator for getting rid of that reply spam.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Can a moderator please delete the above, obvious bot spam?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

To try and distract myself from this proliferation of spambots on the forum (key word being "try") and await a solution to said problem that had twice infected this topic of mine, let's move onto with the Resistance franchise.

Though before I go with the next creature feature, some add ons featured from the second Resistance game: The Primarch and Overseer.
Primarch

An advanced version of certain Chimera Strains, Primarchs are effectively a military rank within the Chimera Army, the equivalent of a middle-ranking officer in human terms. With the central ability to control up to 40 individual units, the Primarch are extremely influential when it comes to ground operations and other such tactical arenas. Additionally, the Primarchs are well armed, armored and are able to absorb more damage.

(+12 Point)
TV: +7
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Armored “Chimera Armor”*
  • +3 - Extra Actions
  • +3 - Health Reserve
  • +2 - Position of Power “Chimeran Army”
  • +2 - Psychic “Chimera Hive-Mind”*
  • +1 - Unique “Link to Chimeran Hivemind” (Dependency Decrease)
Level - Weakness
  • N/A
* Indicates that Character Ability/ies are of higher value than human norm, thus applicable for Scaled Advantage.
Overseer

A highly evolved version of certain Chimera Strians, the Overseer are effectively a military rank within the Chimeran Army, the equivalent of a colonel in human terms. With the central ability to control up to 12 Primarchs, the Overseer are extremely influential when it comes to ground operations and other such tactical arenas. Additionally, the Overseers are noticeably larger than their respective strain, well-armed, armored and are able to absorb more damage.

(+14 Point)
TV: +7
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Armored “Chimera Armor”*
  • +3 - Extra Actions
  • +3 - Health Reserve
  • +4 - Position of Power “Chimeran Army”
  • +2 - Psychic “Chimera Hive-Mind”*
  • +2 - Unique “Link to Chimeran Hivemind” (Dependency Decrease)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size (Large)
* Indicates that Character Ability/ies are of higher value than human norm, thus applicable for Scaled Advantage.
I didn't really find any images of the various versions of Primarchs and Overseers since there's not that much visual difference in-universe, but I think they're basically mini-boss upgrade versions of regular mooks of the Chimeran Army.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Okay, now for the first actual profile with the Mauler.
Mauler
A massive, unique strain, the Mauler is utilized by the Chimeran Army logistically as a kind of “beast of burden”. The Mauler is particularly useful within terrain and/or combat environment that would make airborne transportation of munitions, ammunition, and similarly natured supplies an unwise proposition. Though possess weaponry, both technological and biological, and would make for a fatal adversary for the unwary, the Mauler is largely unfit for frontline combat and a dedicated logistical support unit for the Chimeran Army.

It is also the only type of Chimera at such a scale that is able to infect humans with the Chimera Virus through the deployment of pods that have a mass of sticky, tendril appendages.

(-5 Point)
HEALTH: 50/50
ENDURANCE: 60
TV: 19 (24 Scaled)
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Fangs” (Ineffective)
  • 3[0] - “Stomp” (Area Effect x2; Overwhelming. Inaccurate x2; Open to Attack)
  • 1[0] - “Flamethrower” (Continued Effect x2; Ranged. Inaccurate x2; Ineffective x2)
  • 1[5] - “Tendril Pod” (Area Effect x2; Fatiguing; Paralyzing; Ranged. Countered; Ineffective x2; Low Penetration x2)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Armored “Thick Hide”*
  • +2 - Attack*
  • +3 - Extra Actions
  • +1 - Healer “Hyper-Metabolism” (No Gestures. Self-Only)
  • +3 - Health Reserve
  • +2 - Life Support
  • +1 - Psychic “Chimera Hive-Mind” (Requirement, Other Chimera)*
  • +2 - Strong*
  • +1 - Tough
  • +2 - Vigorous
  • +3 - Unique “Turns Defeated into Grimms”
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance “Chimeran Anatomy”
    -3 - Dependency “Link to Chimeran Hivemind” (Becomes Feral)
    -2 - Ineptitude “Tactical Novelty”
    -2 - Impaired Sense “Taste”
    -1 - Mute
    -3 - Restricted Freedom “Chimeran Army”
    -3 - Servitude “Chimeran Army”
    -3 - Vulnerability (Fire-based Attacks)
    -3 - Vulnerability “Heat Stack” (Weak Point)
    -3 - Unique “Impaired Manipulation” (No Limbs)
    -2 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 4 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-4, Level 2 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Next up for the Terminator franchise, we have the Centurion aka HK-Spider.
Hunter-Killer Spider
Nicknamed the Centurion by the human Resistance forces, the HK-Spider is a heavy weapons ground assault vehicle, largely to serve as an assault support unit in addition to its leadership qualities to help direct other HK units at the front lines. The HK-Spider, as its designation would imply, utilize quadraped locomotion to traverse uneven terrain that is common amongst the city ruins during combat. It is also one of the few, if not only, Skynet HK units that have the ability to stun humans both survivor and Resistance forces for immediate capture with the use of its legs.

(2 Points)
HEALTH: 40
ENDURANCE: 50
TV: 20
DX[END] - Attack
  • 4[5] - “Heavy Plasma Castors” (Multiple Targets; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition; Inaccurate; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light/Free Environment)
  • 4[0] - “Heavy Stun Kick” (Armor Piercing; Paralyzing; Stunning. No Damage; Unwieldy)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Armored
  • +3 - Attack
  • +1 - Combat Expert
  • +2 - Evasive
  • +2 - Intuitive
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +1 - Position of Power “Skynet”
  • +1 - Quick
  • +2 - Tough
  • +1 - Unique “Computerized Brain”
  • +3 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size (Large)
  • -1 - Dull
  • -3 - Emotionless
  • -3 - Infamous
  • -3 - Mute
  • -3 - Restricted Freedom “Hunter-Killer Unit”
  • -3 - Servitude “Skynet”
  • -3 - Unique “Impaired Manipulation” (No limbs)
Last edited by Sabersonic on Thu May 04, 2017 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

And to round up this installment, for the X-Com franchise we have the Thin Man.

You can almost hear the Men In Black song just by looking at them.
Thin Man
Unnervingly human in appearance, the Thin Man is actually reptilian in nature due to patches of molted green skin upon their wrists and neck in addition to their eyes. Suited for infiltration missions into human populations, each Thin Man is donned with blue suits and short, black hair upon their heads. Their tall, elongated limbs and inhuman flexibility allows them to be quite deadly when engaged in combat.

(1 Points)
HEALTH: 20
TV: 12
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Light Plasma Rifle” (Affinity, Energy. Accurate x2; Armor Piercing x2; Ranged. Ammunition; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light/Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 2[0] - “Acid Spit” (Continued Effect x2; Ranged. Activation; Ineffective; Low Penetration)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Agile
  • +2 - Attack
  • +3 - Evasive
  • +2 - Knowledge “Squad Tactics”
  • +2 - Quick
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size (Tall)
  • -2 - Bizarre Appearance
  • -1 - Languid
  • -1 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 2 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-2, Level 1 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
And that'll be it for this installment. So then, any suggestions to this batch of entries or are they fine as they are presented?

Spambots need not reply. Seriously, don't.
Last edited by Sabersonic on Thu May 04, 2017 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Thank you Clay/Jade for getting rid of that annoying spambot message.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

I like your X-com stuff :) It reminds me of when I first played X-com enemy unknown. I was in the top ten on the PvP leader boards But only because it was like the first day lol Although I did go about 14-0 with wins and I think I ranked 4th on the LB my 5 minutes of fame! Anyway It was cool to see X-Com in OVA.
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Thanks. It's the exact same game that I played that partially contributed my desire to make this conversion topic.

Speaking of which, with how I've written both the Sectoid and Thin Man, would they be up to par in an X-Com campaign or are there suggestions?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

I think they look good. It has been well over a year since I last played mind you. But I think they fit well :)
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, it's that time again for a new installment.

First off, from the Resistance Franchise, we have the Marauder.
Marauder
A unique substrain of the more passive Mauler, the massive Marauder is utilized by the Chimeran Army as a dedicated anti-armor and anti-fortification unit. Beyond its apparent size, the Marauder’s primary offensive weapon is its flamethrower, surgically grafted within its mouth where ones tongue is normally located to feed the weapon the strain’s highly flammable and combustible saliva. Due to this, the Marauder must be equipped with a powerful Heat Stack in order for its internal body heat to not exceed the normal healthy range as common amongst all Chimera.

(-2 Point)
HEALTH: 60/60
ENDURANCE: 60
TV: 23 (28 Scaled)
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Fangs” (Ineffective)
  • 4[0] - “Stomp” (Area Effect x2; Overwhelming. Inaccurate x2; Open to Attack)
  • 2[0] - “Flamethrower” (Continued Effect x2; Ranged. Inaccurate x2; Ineffective x2)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Armored “Thick Hide”*
  • +3 - Attack*
  • +3 - Extra Actions
  • +1 - Healer “Hyper-Metabolism” (No Gestures. Self-Only)
  • +3 - Health Reserve
  • +2 - Life Support
  • +1 - Psychic “Chimera Hive-Mind” (Requirement, Other Chimera)*
  • +3 - Strong*
  • +2 - Tough
  • +2 - Vigorous
  • +3 - Unique “Turns Defeated into Grimms”
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance “Chimeran Anatomy”
  • -3 - Dependency “Link to Chimeran Hivemind” (Becomes Feral)
  • -2 - Ineptitude “Tactical Novelty”
  • -4 - Impaired Sense “Taste”
  • -1 - Mute
  • -3 - Restricted Freedom “Chimeran Army”
  • -3 - Servitude “Chimeran Army”
  • -3 - Vulnerability (Fire-based Attacks)
  • -3 - Vulnerability “Heat Stack” (Weak Point)
  • -3 - Unique “Impaired Manipulation” (No Limbs)
  • -2 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 4 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-4, Level 2 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Next up, for the Terminator franchise, is the ever iconic HK-Tank.
Hunter-Killer Tank
The heaviest ground assault vehicle ever developed by Skynet, the HK-Tank is best utilized at urban pacification as a heavily armored and armed weapons platform. Though considerably overkill in its primary mission of anti-personnel search-and-destroy, it is none the less effective at anti-vehicular and anti-material combat against human Resistance forces Technicals. Though its caterpillar treads are able to traverse most obstacles found within urban ruins, it has rudimentary manipulator arms to clear away most other obstacles if navigation proves to be prohibited.

Due to the increasing rates of human Resistance units defeating the HK-Tanks for salvage such as weapons and armor, Skynet have begun the process of designing and retrofitting crew compartments of the HK-Tank interior to counteract Resistance activity.

(2 Points)
HEALTH: 50
ENDURANCE: 50
TV: 16
DX[END] - Attack
  • 5[5] - “Heavy Plasma Castors” (Multiple Targets; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition; Inaccurate; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light/Free Environment)
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored*
  • +4 - Attack
  • +1 - Combat Expert*
  • +1 - Intuitive*
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +2 - Passengers
  • +3 - Tough
  • +1 - Unique “Computerized Brain”
  • +3 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Dull
  • -3 - Emotionless
  • -3 - Infamous
  • -3 - Mute
  • -3 - Restricted Freedom “Hunter-Killer Unit”
  • -3 - Servitude “Skynet”
  • -1 - Slow*
  • -2 - Unique “Impaired Manipulation” (No Hands)
* Indicates that Character Ability/ies are of higher value than human norm, thus applicable for Scaled Advantage
Last edited by Sabersonic on Thu May 04, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

And then we have the X-Com portion of this installment, though this is split due to the nature of the first half: The discount Xenomor- I mean Chryssalid.
Chryssalid
An uplifted arthropod, the Chryssalid serve as terror troops whom attack human beings both civilian and soldiers with lethal talon strikes, but their most horrific aspect is their ability to impregnate their unfortunate victims with their spawn. Said spawn is able to take control of their host not unlike a classic Romero-style zombie before it soon emerged as a newly born Chryssalid.

(2 Points)
HEALTH: 30
ENDURANCE: 20
TV: 15
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Poisoned Talons” (Continued Effect. Cancel, Non-Biological Targets; Elaborate Gestures)
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored
  • +2 - Attack
  • +3 - Iron-Willed
  • +2 - Jumping
  • +3 - Perceptive “Neurokinetic Impulses”
  • +3 - Resistant “Poisons”
  • +3 - Quick
  • +1 - Tough
  • +3 - Unique “Turns Defeated into Zombies”
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance
  • -3 - Compulsion “Impregnate dead enemies or civilians with spawn”
  • -3 - Dense
  • -3 - Emotionless
  • -4 - Ineptitude “Ranged Weaponry”
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

And here's the second half of that "lovely" lifecycle, the Zombie.

I think this is, like, my third zombie-esque enemy in this topic.
Zombie
The abominable aftermath of a Chryssalid implantation of a human corps, the “Zombie” arises in order to protect the Chryssalid egg within itself and violently defend itself even against helpless civilians. Though little more than a reanimated corps, its most deadly aspect is that it holds within itself a Chryssalid Egg that will ultimately hatch and rip through the corps and become an adolescent Chryssalid that will increase the population of Chryssalids exponentially if left unchecked.

(-2 Points)
HEALTH: 40
TV: 7
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Swipe” (Stunning. Inaccurate; Low Penetration)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Attack
  • +4 - Resistance (Electrical Attacks)
  • +3 - Tough
  • +1 - Transformation “Chryssalid” (Unique x4, Non-Reveresable)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Clumsy
  • -3 - Dense
  • -3 - Compulsion “Attack Enemy Soldiers”
  • -2 - Slow
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Fire)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Head Shots)
Not sure of the Unique "Non-Reversable" is adequate enough to show that Chryssalid don't turn back into Zombies because...well... this:

Anywho, that'll be it for this installment. So then, any suggestions to this batch of entries or are they fine as they are presented?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad