distributing free supplements?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Tod13
Shelled Plebeian

distributing free supplements?

Post by Tod13 »

What is The Turtle's position on fans distributing free supplements?

Basically, I want to come up with a bunch of templates for characters (fighter, thief, magic-user, paladin, star pilot, etc), magic systems (elemental based, psionics, etc), and specific abilities/weaknesses added for that world/concept.

Then I want to share that on the web, and say something like "written for use with OVA".

This would be done without copying any art or text from OVA. And it would still need the OVA book in order to be played.
Cloud
Savior of Turtles

Re: distributing free supplements?

Post by Cloud »

Tod13 wrote:What is The Turtle's position on fans distributing free supplements?

Basically, I want to come up with a bunch of templates for characters (fighter, thief, magic-user, paladin, star pilot, etc), magic systems (elemental based, psionics, etc), and specific abilities/weaknesses added for that world/concept.

Then I want to share that on the web, and say something like "written for use with OVA".

This would be done without copying any art or text from OVA. And it would still need the OVA book in order to be played.
I would be interested in seeing this as well.
Watch this and all will become clear...http://tinyurl.com/m7qr3rq
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

By all means! I think creating stuff for games and sharing them is just what gamers do, and trying to forbid that is both silly and not prone to work. Not that I would want it to work! The more people that make things and share them, the more likely that new people will discover OVA.

If you get such a compilation of things together, feel free to post the link and I’ll add it to the fansite thread.
Evil Genius Prime
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Evil Genius Prime »

Awesome! I'd love to see something like this as well. :D
Humans are... so much fun. - Ryuk