Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by Clay »

TV (It is Threat Value, you guessed correctly!) is only explained in the Game Master's section, which is absent from the preview. Sorry for any confusion that might have caused. It's a number of no use to the Player, really.

And yes, roll is just shorthand for letting you know how many dice you roll when using that Attack. As Mendou points out, it's 2 dice + any relevant Abilities like Agile or Combat Expert (But never Abilities that add to your Damage Multiplier, like Attack itself.)

In any case, never hesitate to ask a question! Always good to know what people easily gather from the rules and what trips them up. (Though in this case, I think it's just the fault of the abbreviated document.)
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

It does help clarify the character profile enough for me to continue. You both have my Gratitude, Clay and Mendou. Though I can't help but wonder if items, especially vehicles and Mecha, should have the TV or not.

Oh well, I guess that'll be something cleared up in the extra sections once the book comes out.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

If the character can expected to almost always have this Item/Transformation in a fight, I'd factor it in.

If the character can be expected to spend equal time with and without it—a mecha pilot who also hoofs it with a blaster rifle now and again—you should calculate both totals and use the appropriate one.
Plastic_Avatar
Shelled Plebeian

NOOOOOOOoooooooo...

Post by Plastic_Avatar »

Wait... WHAT?

I checked in every month since the RV edition was hinted at!

I fell off the wagon around last Christmas (finished Masters in May). So, I now have game time, log in, and I MISSED A KICKSTARTER???

BAH!

When can I order the new version???? WHEN????!!!!

I'd much rather intro my bestest group (friends for 35 years) on the new stuff =)

[feeling sad but glad]

-Steve(n)
DarthFox
Shelled Plebeian

Post by DarthFox »

Hi Clay!

Any news about the OVA manual?
DarthFox
Shelled Plebeian

Post by DarthFox »

So... no update of the project for Christmas time?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Plastic_Avatar: I know! I hate when you just miss out on something you would have loved to back. While I can't "officially" accept new backers, if you still want in on the Kickstarter rewards, we can arrange something through PayPal. Just email me.

DarthFox: Update here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165 ... sts/700006
alcar
Shelled Plebeian

Post by alcar »

Clay: I'd be on board for that (the kickstarter via proxy?) at the $30 mark if possible; would need to put money into paypal first of course... same boat as Plastic in coming late to the party :)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sure thing! Just email me the payment at clay@wiseturtle.com, along with a note describing the Pledge you want to order. If your email you use for correspondence is different from your PayPal address, please include that as well.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Clay, any news on the book or the PDF?
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
cassius335
Worthy Tortoise

Post by cassius335 »

Chris Brady wrote:Clay, any news on the book or the PDF?
Since Clay doesn't seem to have had chance: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... 4#comments
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Thanks. I paypal'ed my payment so I don't have access to the KS update notifications.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
alcar
Shelled Plebeian

Post by alcar »

And paypal sent. Thanks for being willing to add me this way at this date.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

alcar wrote:And paypal sent. Thanks for being willing to add me this way at this date.
Like anyone would say no to money for a product. :) :D
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

I am in the process of moving. Do you know how I should alter my address so my stuff gets to the right place?
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!