Rpol Play-by-Post

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Rpol Play-by-Post

Post by Michael Hopcroft »

Does anyone have plans to run OVA on Rpol or a similar play-by-post site?
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Rpol Play-by-Post

Post by Atmo »

We can't play here? Or maybe on Roll20?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

If there's serious interest in it, I can open up a new forum specifically for running online games. Just let me know!
Shankster
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Shankster »

I think having a forum specifically for online games would be a splendid idea!
Dregntael
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Dregntael »

Heya, I'd definitely be interested in an online game as soon as the pdf of the new edition is released.
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

Michael Hopcroft wrote:Does anyone have plans to run OVA on Rpol or a similar play-by-post site?
I have done OVA on rpol.net before and people kept asking me to switch to BESM 3rd. or Free Form. Nobody bothers to read anything new anymore. It is sad.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

It can be hard to convince people to try something new! It takes time to learn an entirely new game system, and sometimes people just want to get into playing without that particular hurdle. But that's why I created the Player Books. People can get a grasp in the system in around 8 pages—which is a bit easier on the schedule! Feel free to link them anywhere you like. (You could upload them, too, but linking will always provide you with the latest version of the file, if any edits are made.)
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

I have run OVA on rpol before but it was the older edition not the newest one. It did REALLY well on play by post. I mean seriously it just clicked so I know it works. The trick is getting people to play any system not made by Wizards of the Coast or White Wolf. When I get my hads on the newest edition I will be running a game there. Definitely.
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

I have been running OVA revised on forums lately. It still is REALLY good for play by post. So much so I am replacing BESM 3rd as my default play by post anime game with OVA.

The important thing is to make sure the dice roller shows each d6 and not just the total for matches.