Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by Clay »

You're in luck! I'll be making an announcement really soon (as in the next 24 hours) and I promise, it's not some far off launch day. It's very close indeed!
MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

Awesome! If I don't spend my entertainment budget soon the wife will! :shock:

Exciting stuff!!!

I don't know if the rpg.net mods care if you post your stuff in the general area but if they do I would gladly zip on over there to announce it once it is ready. :)
bushido11
Worthy Tortoise

Post by bushido11 »

Backed. I'm so glad that this kickstarter finally happened, as it represents one step closer to actual fruition.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

MacLeod: Yeah, I'm only allowed to post in the Kickstarter thread stickied to the top of the forum. Luckily someone posted a thread of their own, and I'm happy you stopped by to show your support. :)

Bushido: It won't be long now! Thanks for backing!
Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Michael Hopcroft »

Just backed the project at the $30 level. Should be an interesting process.

Are the character books going to be available separately on PDF? I'm also curious which characters you chose for them (the Miho one looks pretty good).
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Edsel »

I am in it for $125. Thank goodness, I just barely got in on that tier.
"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me. That is all." ~Suzumiya Haruhi
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

The three Player Books will be available for free download on the Kickstarter, on wiseturtle.com, and eventually DriveThruRPG and its kin. I chose Miho, Raine, and Auren because they seemed to fill the most popular archetypes. Raine hasn't been released yet, but you can check out Auren now!
Cloud
Savior of Turtles

Post by Cloud »

I was able to fund this and golden sky stories. I am hoping to up my contribution so I can be included in the credits :D
Watch this and all will become clear...http://tinyurl.com/m7qr3rq
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

And I am now a Backer. From Canada. :3 I'm a Bounty Hunter too. Cool!
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Only in for $30 due to financial reasons, but look at all the crap I'm getting! (As of June 1)
  • Hard Copy with jacket
  • Digital Copy
  • eBook copy
  • OVA App
  • Reference Bookmark
  • Custom Dice (likely)
  • Seven Seas Rules
I wonder how far we need to stretch to get to the White Box/Red Box-esque version x3
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Backed for the "Missile Maiden" set. This is a great KS! Much better than the one for Exalted Third Edition. I showed both to some friends and they agree that Clay did a stellar job. :)
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

The issue I have with the Exalted 3e KS is not the game, but whose designing it. The same monkeys who ran most of the asylum the game turned into by the end of the 2e era.

While, Mr. Gardner's game has always been concise about what it was, and nothing I have seen or heard anything that changes that.

From what I've been hearing about Ex3e has had me swinging from Utter Dread to Cautious Optimism (and that's because I'm a natural optimist.) Not so with OVA 2e.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Thanks to everyone for their support. It wouldn't be such a great Kickstarter without all of you! :)
prototype00
Shelled Plebeian

Post by prototype00 »

Hi Clay,

Congratulations on the KS success! I was thinking of upping my order to $35 to get the buttons and the dice but I had two questions.

1: Is it possible to pick and choose which buttons we want (say two from the cutie set and one from the protagonist set?)

2: What color will the free Miho d6 be? I've seen it in both blue and red (and my preference is for blue).

Cheers!

prototype00
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

As much as I'd love the little goodies (I'm a sucker for Dice), I've already had to pay put down $40, because I'm Canadian. Stupid shipping companies, gouging honest people...

I'd love to put more down for the Karis card, but if we make it, we make it. If we don't, huzzah! I get the book anyway!