Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by Bubba333 »

I really like the feel of this book. What are the odds we might get a dead-tree, color version through the KS?
Dreamstryder
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Dreamstryder »

Thanks for another preview! :)

Um, 2 typos, page 7:
1. right before "Recovering": last sentence dramatically cut-off! (as Bubba said)
2. under "Recovering": "...axioms to an old metor" (mentor?)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Bubba: Odds are great actually! All three of the initial Player Books will be included in the deluxe tier (that also includes dice, a dice bag, character sheets, stickers, and a special over-sized hardcover version of the rules). I may offer it "a la carte" as well, but failing that, it will be available to purchase at cost after the Kickstarter is complete from DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.

Dreamstryder: Thanks. I usually only catch typos after I print things out. They're completely invisible to me on the screen! (Terrible Proofreader -2)
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

It's after Christmas. Let's get this going! :D
MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

Initiating a kickstarter within the next month would actually be really good for me. Should have some money rolling now that the holidays are over!

Bubba! As a completely unrelated side note... This guy on rpg.net sent you a PM but I don't know if you still receive them or not. He is in the midst of getting hooked on Eoris. :P
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Which guy? I don't frequent there any longer. The one-sided, ass-hat politics creeping into my hobby were too much. Any dissenting voice was treated very poorly, so I left. Anyhoo, Eoris is pretty much dead, sadly. They got their money and bolted, it would seem. I haven't seen a thing about it for years.
MacLeod
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MacLeod »

(this will be the last off topic post, I promise!)

His screen name is waara (krister.waara@gmail.com), he wants you to e-mail him if you could, please. Eoris has a new blog up, by the way.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Thank you. I looked at the blog and will send that guy an e-mail.

Now, let us get this starter kicked!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Clay! Make it go! :D
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Will the KS be this month? Can you answer that, at least?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Bubba,

Right now, I'm planning to launch on February 12th, which will be the anniversary of OVA's PDF release. Of course you know how these things seem to go...but I'm pretty sure we'll make this one.

I'm also conspiring with the translator of Golden Sky Stories, another Japanese inspired RPG that will be launching a kickstarter soon. We'll be including some bonuses exclusive to the kickstarter that tie both games together if you back both, so that should be pretty exciting.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

GSS looked cool, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Animal-thingies protecting people, correct?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

That's the one! I did the layout for the English version, so there's more linking the two than just anime stylings. :)
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I was curious as to how gadgets and weapons are going to work in the new system. For example, I punch out a thug and grab his pistol. Or grab a sword from a weapon rack. How easy is it to apply it to my PC? One thing I was hoping to see (or easily make) were one-use items such as healing potions/talismans/etc. Players do love that loot!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Hello? It's soooo close! lol