[Interest Check] Touhou

A place for OVA fans to run their own PbP campaigns.

Moderator: Clay

Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

[Interest Check] Touhou

Post by Atmo »

Gensokyo was originally a desolate, haunted region of Japan ages ago. The youkai that lived there began to terrorize the surrounding lands, and thus powerful, heroic humans were sent to exorcise and exterminate them. The off and on battle between humans and youkai continued on until 1885 A.D., when Gensokyo was sealed off from this increasingly scientific and skeptical world with the creation of the Great Hakurei Barrier. There has been little contact between those societies ever since. Today, the only known gateway between Gensokyo and this world is the Hakurei Shrine, which stands in isolation along the border on distant mountains of the far east. It's known that the local language spoken in Gensokyo is modern Japanese.

Gensokyo is populated mainly by youkai, but a decent human and rabbit population lives there as well. Some of its inhabitants went there to hide, to escape, to find shelter when no-one and nowhere else would accept them. Many of them just like the natural darkness.
So, here I am to make a simple Interest Check for Touhou. I'm willing to GM a slow paced game (2 posts per week) for a maximum of 4 players. Things will be mostly slice-of-life and cannon characters will be NPCs.

If the SoL part stagnates the game, I will use some ideas from the unnoficial animes to spice things up.
Dravencour
Shelled Plebeian

Re: [Interest Check] Touhou

Post by Dravencour »

I don't have the game yet, but I've been in the Touhou fandom for a number of years.

Are we primarily working with the main cast, or are original characters allowed?