A few questions for the wise one...

Got a question? Serious, silly, relevent, or otherwise, Wise Turtle just might have the answer!

Moderator: Wise Turtle

Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

A few questions for the wise one...

Post by Inquisitor Melchior »

Here are a few questions that I hope will help me understand the great Wise Turtle a little better (if such a thing is possible for any mortal).

From which country do you hail (I hope it isn't China, turtle soup is quite a delicacy there)?

How did you come to mentor Clay?

How do you use the computer effectively? I imagine it must be tiresome to type as a turtle, but I'd think using a mouse would be even more difficult.

Are all turtles secretly wise, is it just all talking turtles, or is it just you?

If turtles are inherently wise does that mean there is some credence to the old chinese divination method of boiling a turtle's shell to read the cracks that form in it?

Who do you prefer: Confucius, Lao Tzu, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Sun Tzu, Musashi, Machiavelli, Jung, or Joseph Campbell?

Would you rather be forced to assume a human form that you found disagreeable for a thousand years, or live your life bereft of all but the simplest thought for a hundred years?

Why do you not write in your 'Wise Turtle Ponders' forum (or is it simply that we are not yet ready to discover the greater depths of your inestimable wisdom)?

Drunken Boxing or Shaolin Soccer?
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki
Wise Turtle
Wise Sage

Post by Wise Turtle »

Ah, how you humans disappoint me. There was a time when you were an admirable sort, ready and willing to strive and labor for the answers to your juvenile questions of the universe. Alas, this silly thing called the internet has made you lazy. You think you can just ask, and the answer you will receive!

Either way, I am in an unusually good mood, so I'll humor you and put the quietus on your quandaries.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:From which country do you hail (I hope it isn't China, turtle soup is quite a delicacy there)?
Your question assumes that your temporary boundaries and petty territory squabbles are of any interest to me. They are not.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:How did you come to mentor Clay?
It is an elaborate story of serendipity, I can confirm that much. But rather than beleaguer you with the details, I'll summarize one of the key factors: Clay knew where to find the most delightful sunbathing log on this side of the world. It was love at first nap.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:How do you use the computer effectively? I imagine it must be tiresome to type as a turtle, but I'd think using a mouse would be even more difficult.
Ah yes, flexible digits are one thing I do envy about you humans. I can manage, however. And at times where I'm truly impatient, Clay is more than happy to transcribe my dictations.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:Are all turtles secretly wise, is it just all talking turtles, or is it just you?
To reveal such information would be to betray the confidence of my reptilian colleagues. I hope you understand.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:If turtles are inherently wise does that mean there is some credence to the old chinese divination method of boiling a turtle's shell to read the cracks that form in it?
What? No. What sort of imbecilic notion is that? Why does one seek wisdom by destroying wisdom? But perhaps I forget we are talking of humans.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:Who do you prefer: Confucius, Lao Tzu, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Sun Tzu, Musashi, Machiavelli, Jung, or Joseph Campbell?
I suppose they each have touched a bit of brilliance in their time, but each have as well their follies. Though I do remember Plato could put on a mighty fine pot of chili.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:Would you rather be forced to assume a human form that you found disagreeable for a thousand years, or live your life bereft of all but the simplest thought for a hundred years?
It confounds me how these "would you rather" questions proliferate among you, but if forced to answer, I suppose I would pick the former.

It would make world domination easier, surely.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:Why do you not write in your 'Wise Turtle Ponders' forum (or is it simply that we are not yet ready to discover the greater depths of your inestimable wisdom)?
I could claim that it was such...that you are not ready for my knowledge. But since I have, freely, offered this same knowledge here, that would not be a defendable argument.

Truthfully, it takes time to perfect essays of knowledge, and I have not had the time to undertake such a matter.
Inquisitor Melchior wrote:Drunken Boxing or Shaolin Soccer?
At the risk of sounding trite, why not Drunken Shaolin Boxing Soccer?
Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Inquisitor Melchior »

Wise Turtle wrote: Ah, how you humans disappoint me. There was a time when you were an admirable sort, ready and willing to strive and labor for the answers to your juvenile questions of the universe. Alas, this silly thing called the internet has made you lazy. You think you can just ask, and the answer you will receive!
I would research your thoughts and origins myself, but there isn't much written about you (even Plato, despite sharing his beans, didn't write much).
Wise Turtle wrote: At the risk of sounding trite, why not Drunken Shaolin Boxing Soccer?
With all the drinking and punching wouldn't that just be Shaolin Rugby :wink: ?
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki