Zordon(GM) is Looking for Teenagers with Attitude(Players)!

Advertise upcoming campaigns; place want-ads for Game Masters and Players online or in your area.

Moderator: Clay

D. Lyme
Shelled Plebeian

Zordon(GM) is Looking for Teenagers with Attitude(Players)!

Post by D. Lyme »

Greetings, members of Wise Turtle Forums. I am prospective GM Lyme, looking for prospective players to take part in my OVA-based Super Sentai/Power Rangers game.

I will be honest; OVA was not my first choice for the system in which to run this. Tokyo Heroes had that honor, and for good reason; it was designed for Tokusatsu/Super Sentai/Power Rangers/Magical Girls in mind, after all. But after some debate (mostly with myself), I have decided to use OVA instead, due to it being a complete system and not a prereleased WiP from 2006 (no offense to its creator).

The game will be named Power Rangers, but the theme & motif will be decided once I have gained the necessary 3-5 players to fill the roles. But should they choose to create their characters and leave me with the decisions on theme & motif, then I will oblige. Also, this game exists within its own timeline, for those who are wondering, and will not feature any of the official Rangers as NPCs or DMPCs.

As for method of play, it will most likely be a Play-by-Post, unless my current schedule aligns with that of the possible players. Time is something I am lacking most days, so I would like to make the most of it.

Please take note: I have very little experience in running a game, but have had much time to read on how to do so. I hope the prospective players will forgive me if I make any errors in rule calls and/or judgment.

Thank you for reading.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Zordon(GM) is Looking for Teenagers with Attitude(Player

Post by Malancthon »

How adverse to other forms of toku are you? I mostly like SS for the monsters (something I always found ironic, since I'm usually a mecha-nut, yet the mechs of SS are the thing I find least appealing). I do prefer Kamen Rider and Ultraman (or Garo) over Super Sentai/Power Rangers, but I'm not stuck on it if you decide you'd rather keep it SS/PR.

So, put Me down as interested.

I contributed some ideas for Power Rangers in this thread that might be of some use. I'm also always suggesting My Monstrous/Mecha Abilities for games such as this, as well.
D. Lyme
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Zordon(GM) is Looking for Teenagers with Attitude(Player

Post by D. Lyme »

Malancthon wrote:How adverse to other forms of toku are you?
I am not adverse to the other types, of course. My go-to toku of choice is actually Kamen Rider, but it does not promote teamwork as much as Super Sentai/Power Rangers do on a regular basis. Of Garo, I know almost nothing of, and almost the same can be said about my knowledge of Ultraman.
Malancthon wrote:I contributed some ideas for Power Rangers in this thread that might be of some use. I'm also always suggesting My Monstrous/Mecha Abilities for games such as this, as well.
Very nice. I will be sure to make use of these. Thank you.