OVA Finally in Print!!!...sort of

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

OVA Finally in Print!!!...sort of

Post by Clay »

Hey guys. If you check on over at http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=4280 you may notice an extra button somewhere that should be interesting. ;)

So if it's out, where's the fanfare, you ask? Well, here's the thing. The book does not yet have an ISBN barcode on the back, which should be fixed in a few days. I also haven't received my proof copy to double check things are as they should be. The RPGnow staff assured me the book should be just fine...but what can I say, if I don't have a reason to worry, I'll make up one.

But if you aren't bothered by those, you can buy to your heart's content :) If you are, both issues should be fixed in the coming days.

Those of you who already own the PDF should expect all the print edition changes to be available to download soon. RPGnow.com should send you an email when a revision is ready and reset your download count to 1.

Thanks for your support everyone, and enjoy. :)
cdmontfort
Shelled Plebeian

PDF Update

Post by cdmontfort »

Hi Clay,

Any word on when the PDF will be updated at RPGNow? Haven't got an update message from them yet so was kind of curious.

Thanks,
Collin
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sorry about that. I've been having difficulty getting things uploading right. My connection doesn't like 30 MB uploads very much. The changes should take place in the coming week.

To try to make up for the tardiness, here's the update list that will apear alongside the PDF update link, so you know what exactly you're waiting for:

With the release of the new print edition of OVA, there have been quite a few changes to the PDF version as well.

Various graphical glitches have been corrected, as well as remaining typos.

The reference to Daisuke's bike color in the Sample Characters chapter has been changed to correlate to new Print Edition artwork.

Beauty has been changed to Beautiful, and Sensitive to Sensitivity, as they appear this way throughout the text.

Flight has been completely revised to work similarly to other Abilities in the game.

Invention's text now correctly refers to "Very Useful" instead of the nonexistent "Greatly Useful"

Invention, Focused now doubles and halves the dice rolled instead of the difficulty, thus eliminating awkward DNs.

Life Support is now more general, covering more conditions than just breathing.

Nosebleeder's penalty, at Level 2, has been increased to -2 to be consistent with its Level.

Unnatural Resistance and Unnatural Weakness have been modified. They now cover characters having a strong or weak point in addition to simply being resistant or vulnerable to a kind of damage.

Affinity's text has been corrected to restore a missing line.

The Entangle Perk now works in a manner more consistent with the rest of the rules.

Combat!'s introduction no longer refers to Players being able to "move" once a round.

Recovering (under Endurance) now makes it clear that Endurance is not automatically recovered in tense situations besides combat.

Acacia's demons have been weakened to Secondary NPCs. Their attributes have also been changed accordingly.
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Question in advance: When updates are made to the PDF, will people with the hard copy be able to access the update list or will we be screwed? (Haven't bought mine yet as I haven't returned to college.)
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Print version contains any and all changes that have been made to the PDF. This should also be the final version, thus making the issue moot. ^_^ But if there were any changes after the print version, I would make a copy of the errata online.
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Well, until the next book, anyways, but thanks.
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
Stormfalcon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Stormfalcon »

Got a question here....has the revised PDF been made available yet, or did I somehow miss the email with the link somehow? I just tried re-downloading the PDF and it's still the same version as the one I got a few months back.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

RPGnow has yet to properly update the file despite numerous requests. Until I get it straightened out, you can find a list of the changes here.
Last edited by Clay on Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jblittlefield
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jblittlefield »

Clay wrote:RPGnow has yet to properly update the file despite numerous requests. Until I get it straightened out, you can find a list of the changes here.
Got an Error 404 mesaage... :cry:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Silly me, extra slash. Should work now.
Stormfalcon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Stormfalcon »

Thanks! That helps, and it's a good addendum to add to my printed copy of the PDF version :D I'll still get the print version before too long though. :D
Stormfalcon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Stormfalcon »

The notices went out and I got my revised PDF. :D Thanks for getting it out there, Clay. Also, thanks for including the formerly-exclusive print edition artwork in with the revised PDF. You didn't have to do that, especially since it was meant to be a bonus for the print customers, and the delays weren't your fault. However, you went and did it anyway, and it's appreciated. Once OVA becomes available in retail distribution, I'll be sure to get a print edition as a way of saying thanks, as well as getting more exposure for the game.

Hmmm...something to give a new printer or all-in-one a shakedown when I get around to getting one. :D (what can I say? I love artwork in color :D )
Cloud
Savior of Turtles

Post by Cloud »

I got a revised pdf. Thanks a lot clay!
Watch this and all will become clear...http://tinyurl.com/m7qr3rq