Transformation Question

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

The Fifth Wanderer
Shelled Plebeian

Transformation Question

Post by The Fifth Wanderer »

Okay, I've got a question about Toughness, Frail, Vitality, Langourous and how they interact with regards to Transformation.

Say a character normally has the Weakness Frail, indicating that they are not so tough. But I want to give them Toughness in their transformed state, indicating that they're a little more buff. How does this work?

The way I'm reading it, the levels of Frail would counteract your levels of Toughness, leaving you with less Toughness giving you a bonus to Health.

Example: Hotaru is a magical girl, much like Fukiko. Normally she's a rather sickly girl, with two levels of Frail. But when she becomes Beautiful Warrior Storm Raven(!), she has Toughness +3. Two of her levels of Toughness are counteracted by the Frail, leaving her with Toughness +1, and a Health Bonus of 10, for 50 Health total.

Do I have this right? And does this also apply to Vitality and Langourous?

Edit: Edited to add Vitality and Langourous to the question.
Three Rules of Anime:

1) Never pick a fight with an old man.

2) If it's cute, kill it now and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

3) Learn a musical instrument; after that, you can do anything.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

You are correct. ^_^ This goes for any and all Abilities and Weaknesses that could possibly counteract. Subtract the Weakness level from the Ability level (or vise versa). If the Ability or Weakness affects another statistic (like Tough and Vitality do) or a die roll, always figure up the actual level in this manner, then determine statistics from whatever the result is.