Hey I need Super Speed Ability clarified to me...

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Alexandrin
Shelled Plebeian

Hey I need Super Speed Ability clarified to me...

Post by Alexandrin »

Super Speed has been confusing me... Lets say some one had +2 in the ability... And they used it in battle to run... Would they roll four dice plus their quick or two dice plus their quick..? And the one who is trying to attack them do they roll their quick plus 2 to try and get an atack off on them? Sorry a player and I are having a dispute over how super speed works... Thanks!
TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Hey I need Super Speed Ability clarified to me...

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

Alexandrin wrote:Super Speed has been confusing me... Lets say some one had +2 in the ability... And they used it in battle to run... Would they roll four dice plus their quick or two dice plus their quick..? And the one who is trying to attack them do they roll their quick plus 2 to try and get an atack off on them? Sorry a player and I are having a dispute over how super speed works... Thanks!
The one running--with Super Speed-- rolls double SS, plus Quick.

The one attacking just rolls Quick--unless they also have SS...but you can't attack while "Super Speeding," so it's just Quick (attacker) vs. 2x Super Speed + Quick (defender). If the attacker wins, they get to attack, otherwise the defender is too fast to follow/ran out of range/etc.

Also, I just want to remind you that all characters have 2 "default" dice. So your Super Speed character would roll 2 (default) + 4 (SS) + Quick. To continue your example, we'll assume that both attacker and defender have Quick +2.

Attacker rolls 4 dice (2 default + 2 Quick)

Defender rolls 8 dice (2 default + 2 Quick + 4 Super Speed).

Odds are that the defender will roll higher, and the attacher would be unable to attack him/her.

Hope that helps to clarify things!!

TBP
Alexandrin
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Alexandrin »

Thanks it really does help :D I thought thats how it worked. :D
TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

Alexandrin wrote:Thanks it really does help :D I thought thats how it worked. :D
Glad to have helped clear that up ^_^

TBP