Yui Kawaishiko -- Schoolgirl Vampire

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Yui Kawaishiko -- Schoolgirl Vampire

Post by Michael Hopcroft »

Although I don't have OVA stats for her yet, I wouldlike people's opinions on how to write up "Vampire Lover" Yui Kawaishiko, a high school girl who is actually a century-old vampire.

Yui was a 16-year-old schoolgirl in Japan in 1905 when she encoutnered a vampire, who turned her into one of his kind. Of a breed of vampire that can operate freely in daylight and only spreads their curse when they want to, Yui has spent the next hundred years going from school to school, turning each into her personal feeding ground In the process, she hjas been placed in the middle of a conflict between the forces of heaven and the forces of Hell, neither of which are particularly pleased with vampires. In cosequence, she had had to learn some martial arts skills to go with her phsyical enhancements as one of the undead. She is also extremely beautiful, and uses the sexuality she exudes to secure alliances, control the under--vampires she creates and lure prey into her clutches. She could be played as a villain, as an anti-heroine who is bad but not qute as bad as those she fights, or as a curelly misunderstood heroine who only is doing what she must to survive and is trying to avoid doing anyone permanent harn.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sounds like a great start for a darker sort of character. You may want to play on the fact she had a life before her vampire-age. What were her hobbies? What did she have to leave behind? You've obviously handled how she's tackling the war, but you might want to consider more personal issues.

I haven't had time yet, but I could throw together some stats if you wanted.
Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Clay wrote:Sounds like a great start for a darker sort of character. You may want to play on the fact she had a life before her vampire-age. What were her hobbies? What did she have to leave behind? You've obviously handled how she's tackling the war, but you might want to consider more personal issues.

I haven't had time yet, but I could throw together some stats if you wanted.
I want.

I'm trying to think of how to describe some of the charatcer who play a part in her sotry. the only one I've forulated in any detail is a classmate at her current school who is a Miko and senses something wrong about Yui. her suspicions would naturally be concerned ifs tudents or teachers started dying unexpectedly....

Depending on how you wanted to ahndle it, you could play up the eroitc side of Yui's nature by turning the school intoa virtual Peyton Place with frobidden and secret passions. student/teacher affairs, perverts on both the student body and the faculty, and students who will do anything to get ahead in the social pecking order. Yui could cut a swath through a schoollike that (I'd say "bloody swath", but she'd drink all the blood.)
Joe_Mello

Post by Joe_Mello »

Watching Lunar Legend Tsukihime may inspire you.

A nifty reference to the above would have our Vampiric heroine enjoy performing tea ceremonies or trying to quit drinking blood.
Michael Hopcroft
Worthy Tortoise

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase is also giving me ideas. Hazkui-chan is the cutest, most adorable little undead bloodsucking fiend anyone could ever hope to meet/ And Elfriede-san would look damn sexy in anything you pit her in, no matter how much it concealed.

I've aldo decided which work of fiction i am going to put Yui in. I'm starting to outline a novel called "Otaku House" about four college girls who start a doujin circle and rent a house togetther. Things happen. Many of them involve sex. Some of those invovle really bizarre sex. But I;'m trying to emphasize the comedy over the panting lust stuff.
Stormfalcon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Stormfalcon »

Actually, I liked the original, darker concept better. There's a lot more that can be done with Yui in such a context, whether one wants to play up the horror side of things or the erotic side (or both). There's a lot of potential personal conflict and drama involved as well.

As for the Otaku House concept, the first thing that hit my mind was "Clamp really gone over the deep end here", Clamp being another all-female doujin circle with peculiar tastes. Considering that you're going for the bizarre sex comedy route with that, a lot of care will have to be taken so that the sexual parts don't completely overwhelm the comedy, and that's very easy to let happen if you don't keep a close eye on things. It can be a very precarious balance there.