Lions and Tigers and Zombies...Oh My!!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Lions and Tigers and Zombies...Oh My!!

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

Ok, so this post is only about zombies, but it's a catchy title ^_^

So last night (this morning...night shift) at work, I made up stats for zombies. I have been reading the Resident Evil books, and I got thinking about zombies. So I statted 'em up...and they seem pretty nasty, and they should be--no zombie in RE goes down easy, unless it's a head shot.

So, without further blabber, here they are:

ZOMBIES

Armor +2 (DR4)
Life Support +3 (Can survive almost anywhere)
Sixth Sense +3 (The living)
Strong +2
Tough +2 (60 Health)
Weapon +2 (Bite; Accurate x2)
Bizarre Appearance -1 (Deathly white)
Clumsy -1
Dependency -2 (Flesh)
Emotionless -3
Langourous -3 (10 Endurance)
Slow -2
Unnatural Weakness -3 (Head shots; 3x damage)

So, the idea is that, while Slow, zombies are quite Accurate when biting their prey. Obviously I made these zombies to be of 0 points, but can easily be brought up higher--for nastier zombies--ny adding a few more levels of Armor, Tough, Strong, etc. I figured that a 0-cost zombie would be a good starting point.

Also note that Bizarre Appearance is only -1. This is, again, a "fresh" zombie. The newly risen are harder to pick out than those that have been rotting for a while. For "older" zombies, just increase the Bizarre Appearance Weakness.

I hope y'all enjoy these flesh-eating horrors!!

TBP
ComicJam
Worthy Tortoise

Post by ComicJam »

Some good stats there! I might have to use them! :-D
Will you be putting this on your site in an NPC database or something?

Maybe Bizarre Appearance should be -2, as some Zombies are rotting and have bits falling off them too. Just a thought.. ;)

Cheers! :D
TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

ComicJam wrote:Some good stats there! I might have to use them! :-D
Will you be putting this on your site in an NPC database or something?

Maybe Bizarre Appearance should be -2, as some Zombies are rotting and have bits falling off them too. Just a thought.. ;)

I definately will be publishing this to my site at a bit later date, I'm still not sure how I want to do it...either as part of the Resources page or a new page alltogether....prolly a new page, since I belive that I [and y'all] will have many more NPCs/monsters/whatnot to look at.

As for Bizarre Appearance, I mentioned that these stats are for "fresh" zombies, ones that have yet to decompose too badly. It would work just fine for a zombie that was a few days old...but like I said, these stats are a baseline to work from, not exactly an "end-all be-all" of zombies.

Also notice that I didn't put in an Ability that passes on the zombification. That actually was an unintentional oversight, I didn't really think of it until this morning, about an hour ago, so that needs to go in there, too. Any ideas on what level to make it?

TBP
ComicJam
Worthy Tortoise

Post by ComicJam »

I would have it at a high level as zombie biting is really bad business, unless you make it that you only turn when you die. Just imagine a PC is bitten then dies at a later date after they've forgotten about it! :twisted:

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

You forgot Strange Personal Habit -1 "Chants 'Must Eat Flesh!' "

Kidding! Nice job TBP :)