CLAY!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

CLAY!

Post by Bubba333 »

Just tryin' to get your attention. :mrgreen: So, how exactly was "Heightened Senses" meant to work? Meaning, MIHO has "Sight" for it, so does that mean she has thermal vision? X-ray? Distance vision? All of them? Or does one have to take actually take "Heightened Sense (X-ray)"? Just a wee confusion.

AND!

Please, please, PUH-leeeease! Can we get some update on the awesome that will be the new edition? Thanks! :mrgreen:
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Re: CLAY!

Post by Bubba333 »

Three more questions!

1) If you're stunned from Knockback, do you get a Defense roll. We're thinking not. The "Stun" Perk says you don't, but we wanted to make sure.

2) Do you have any suggestions for chasing rules?

3) How would you handle a cyborg having a "total recall"/human-computer-style Ability? I made a Special Ability "Human Computer" that allows the character to instantly recall anything they've ever experienced, through video, audio and the like, allowing them to download their experiences. or would you just give this for free?

Anyway, we had a BLAST tonight! One of the PCs got KO'd (the combat cyborg) and they had to run from the demon they were fighting, but man, we had so much fun!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

BUMP!

Clay, this is getting silly! The forums and the silence! LOL

And am I the only OVA fan?
MelancholyofNyX
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MelancholyofNyX »

Definitely not, but I am getting the feeling Clay has a lot more on his plate right now than just OVA >_> I too would like some sort of update but he has thus far ignored any direct questions involving the state of OVA since the delay back in December, so I don't know what to think. This is just like what happened with FFRPG Third Edition and I'm not going to waste months or even years waiting around for a finished product. So until it is released, I'm piecing together my own revision of OVA to use until Clay finally finished this grossly overdue product.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

A wee peeved? I mean, it's OK if you are. I'd love if he'd come here once a week and say hi, answer stuff and touch bases with his fans.

And stop the friggin' SPAM! :mrgreen:
MelancholyofNyX
Worthy Tortoise

Post by MelancholyofNyX »

Yeah a little maybe. I mean I guess it's to be expected when you have one guy (or two counting his artist) working to complete a project like this. Other stuff is going to get in the way and I'm not holding that against him. What bothers me is the severe lack of communication with his fanbase, on his OWN forum. I mean he's popped on occasionally since Christmas to answer a question or two, but hasn't even given us a hint to how much longer we have to wait for OVA revised. Delays happen, but there is nothing preventing him from signing on and giving us even a tentative release date to ease our concerns. That's what I'm 'a wee peeved' XP
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

And the Spam. It's not cooked. Ew.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

I think this game is all but dead. There are only two fans on here...
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

*BUMP* Clay, have you abandoned us?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey,

No I haven't abandoned you. I'm just busy, as many of you have guessed, and I have no real news to offer. I don't have any idea when the game will be released. The art situation is still slow at best, but I'm really hoping for late summer or early fall.

And, while I appreciate the enthusiasm, I will not be offering a text-only version of the rules. I'm sorry.

The spam situation is unbearable, and I don't really know what to do about it. I may go to a moderator-approved sign-up, but you have to realize for every member who posts spam on these forums, there are 10 who sign up and don't do anything. So I'd be looking at manually approving/disapproving 40-50 users a day. It's not something I look forward to doing.

Anyway, let me get to the rules questions in this post...
Bubba333 wrote:Just tryin' to get your attention. :mrgreen: So, how exactly was "Heightened Senses" meant to work? Meaning, MIHO has "Sight" for it, so does that mean she has thermal vision? X-ray? Distance vision? All of them? Or does one have to take actually take "Heightened Sense (X-ray)"? Just a wee confusion.
Heightened Sense just means you have a normal sense that's more keen than normal. Eagle eyes, hound nose, cat ears, etc. In Miho's case, it might be some special microscopic or thermal vision. But it's not meant to allow Miho to see through walls or anything like that. Just notice minute details or things REALLY far away.
Bubba333 wrote:Three more questions!

1) If you're stunned from Knockback, do you get a Defense roll. We're thinking not. The "Stun" Perk says you don't, but we wanted to make sure.

2) Do you have any suggestions for chasing rules?

3) How would you handle a cyborg having a "total recall"/human-computer-style Ability? I made a Special Ability "Human Computer" that allows the character to instantly recall anything they've ever experienced, through video, audio and the like, allowing them to download their experiences. or would you just give this for free?

Anyway, we had a BLAST tonight! One of the PCs got KO'd (the combat cyborg) and they had to run from the demon they were fighting, but man, we had so much fun!
1) You can still defend if Knocked back. The use of "stunned" here is unfortunate and not meant to imply it behaves the same as the Stunned perk. This has already been clarified in the Revised game.

2) I avoided "chase" rules in the game because I didn't want to impose a single way of handling it. I think the best way is probably "Achieve a certain number of successes before you reach a certain number of failures." That is, the GM presents the player with skill checks. Have them make tight turns, jump over barrels, swing over chasms, etc. If they succeed three times, they catch up. If they fail three times, the opponent gets away.

If you wanna make it a straight versus roll, then either roll once, to keep it simple, or roll to the best of 5 to help convey an extended chase.

3) As a freebie is probably okay. If you want to make the character sheet more "complete" simply assign it as a +1 or +2 Special Ability.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Clay wrote:Hey,

Heightened Sense just means you have a normal sense that's more keen than normal. Eagle eyes, hound nose, cat ears, etc. In Miho's case, it might be some special microscopic or thermal vision. But it's not meant to allow Miho to see through walls or anything like that. Just notice minute details or things REALLY far away.
So you choose one type of special vision, or does MIHO get telescopic and thermal vision? And make "X-ray Vision" a Special Ability?