Do you have a favorite character from the OVA rulebook?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Who is your favorite character from the OVA rulebook?

Raine
8%
Karis
50%
Miho
No votes
Braun
8%
Ai
No votes
Fukiko
No votes
Auren
No votes
Daisuke
8%
Natsuki
8%
Shou
17%

Total votes: 12
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Do you have a favorite character from the OVA rulebook?

Post by Jandar »

I just realized that this could make a neat idea for a poll here on the forum.

So, do you have a favorite from among the characters introduced in the OVA book? Any of the heroes or villains in there?

In the poll above, I listed only the heroes.

If you want to, you can state your reasons for liking (and disliking) any of them. Go ahead and vote.
TheBouncyPherret
Exalted Amphibian

Post by TheBouncyPherret »

I chose Karis because she's very much a futuristic Lina from Slayers: out to prove something, but not always taken seriously due to being perceived as too young (due to small chest size).

Also, she's hot-headed like Lina, and is sensitive about her (lack of) chest. ~_^

And let's face it, having a robot buddy is just plain cool!!

TBP
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Jandar »

TheBouncyPherret wrote:I chose Karis because she's very much a futuristic Lina from Slayers: out to prove something, but not always taken seriously due to being perceived as too young (due to small chest size).

Also, she's hot-headed like Lina, and is sensitive about her (lack of) chest. ~_^

And let's face it, having a robot buddy is just plain cool!!

TBP
Yup, I agree that Karis is surely a science-fiction Lina Inverse, but not as insanely powerful. :wink:

By the way, did you notice that Karis's write-up contains a very strange typo? It's in the first Background paragraph: "she enjoyed an easy life as the son of Dromar d'Ori, a successful and celebrated Bounty Hunter," etc.

Either this was meant to say "an easy life as the DAUGHTER of Dromar d'Ori" or maybe there was something in her background story about the bounty hunter father hiding his daughter's true gender and forcing her to live as a "boy." There is nothing in the text that suggests the latter, but that would also be a funny subplot in itself!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Good gawd, how is it possible that such a thing has eluded readers, and myself, for over two years? I'm not even sure how it happened. At no point was Karis ever a boy.

How embarrassing.

She's still my favorite though. :) Random bit of trivia: She's based on my Phantasy Star Online character.
wuxiasnake
Worthy Tortoise

Post by wuxiasnake »

I voted for Raine. He reminds me alot of Haku from the early Naruto episodes.

The lesson here is ... just because it looks like a sissy don't mean it won't kick your ass.
[b]Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.[/b]" -- [i]Confucius[/i]

[url]http://nzrag.com/[/url]
The Eternal GM
Shelled Plebeian

Post by The Eternal GM »

Another for Karis.

My kinda character (plus as the BouncyPherret states Lina-like, which rocks!) and she benefits from some of the most killer art in the book, a tough task considering the high level I reckon it has to begin with.
JuddG
Worthy Tortoise

Post by JuddG »

My vote was for Karis. She's just so cute!!! ...and so sci-fi, and so armed with a boomerang and a robot.

I also like Auren as well. Cool boots and he dares to be all Swords and Sorcery in the modern age - what fun!
Judd M. Goswick
Gamemaster
Legion Anime/Gaming Society
Sadinotna
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Sadinotna »

If it's only heroes allowed, then Shou and Karis tie for my favorite. If we expanded the roster to all sample characters, then I'd go with Acacia and Saspar. Victorian Goth Devil May Cry? Hells yes!
Jandar
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Jandar »

Sadinotna wrote:If it's only heroes allowed, then Shou and Karis tie for my favorite. If we expanded the roster to all sample characters, then I'd go with Acacia and Saspar. Victorian Goth Devil May Cry? Hells yes!
Hello Sadinotna,

I'm sorry about the OVA villains.

As a matter of fact, the forum's poll function only allows for a maximum of 10 choices in a poll.

My favorite villain character at the moment is Shadowman (a good recurring bad guy for an entire group), with Grant Zurkrieg and Nazo close behind.
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Jandar wrote:Either this was meant to say "an easy life as the DAUGHTER of Dromar d'Ori" or maybe there was something in her background story about the bounty hunter father hiding his daughter's true gender and forcing her to live as a "boy." There is nothing in the text that suggests the latter, but that would also be a funny subplot in itself!
Funny, she didn't look religious.

I have plans for Daisuke. Very fun plans for Daisuke. (Yay cameos). Hooray, Ranma!
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
Niko
Art Froggy

Post by Niko »

My favorite character is definitely Ancel. He may appear to be cute, but he'll put a bullet in your head as soon as you turn your back. Also, he's got style! If my choice is limited to just the player characters, then I would probably vote for Karis -- I love her attitude, and robot companions are always a plus.
Niko Geyer
[url=http://www.fantasyrealmsonline.com/][img]http://www.fantasyrealmsonline.com/images/link-banner2.jpg[/img][/url]
Jade
Honorary Princess of Turtles

Post by Jade »

Another vote for Karis! I love her. She is just so cute and feisty! I was so glad to have the privilege to draw her for the book. :)