Possible worlds/settings for OVA?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Beli
Worthy Tortoise

Possible worlds/settings for OVA?

Post by Beli »

Hi all.

I don't post very often, but I do keep up with OVA. I have almost all the anime styled RPG systems out there, and I really like OVA for its simplicity and the fact it can be used for any genre of anime. Making characters is a simple process, and the fact that it uses dice sparingly is a good thing in my mind.

I've been reading over things lately in various locations, and noticed that there is a possibility of a Uresia port for OVA. I've loved Uresia since I first found it for the 2nd edition of BESM, and have enjoyed just reading through the book over and over again. In fact, the God of Cooking advantage happens to one of my favorites.

But, the reason for this post is to ask if there are any settings other than Uresia that have been planned/talked about/thought of for OVA. I know that OVA Mecha and Fantasy are on the 'upcoming' list, but I feel those are genre books more than setting books. Has talk of settings ever come up, or is the general anime feel the way that was intended?

I hope that is understandable.

Thanks in advance folks.
Erich
Roleplay does not begin with everyone else.
Roleplay begins with you.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Beli,

Actually, I believe Uresia's creator made a couple of conversions for OVA himself. I'm afraid I don't have the link to such things handy, but I'm sure a short session of Google should do the trick.

As for the genre books, each book will contain two complete settings. They may not be as fleshed out as some of the world boxes of RPG yesteryear, but they should serve as a nice start for a variety of campaigns.

I've spent most of my time concentrating on OVA mecha...but fantasy shouldn't stray far behind.
Beli
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Beli »

Thanks Clay. Honestly, Mecha is the book I am waiting on, as I am a huge giant robot fan (since the days of Voltron and Robotech). I'd love to see what you have in store for us in the genre of robots!

I'll look around again for the Uresia stuff.

Keep up the great work!
Roleplay does not begin with everyone else.
Roleplay begins with you.
wuxiasnake
Worthy Tortoise

Post by wuxiasnake »

AFAIK the Uresia conversion is not entirely complete. This is the last I've heard of it: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/uresia/message/467

I'm not sure if the link works unless you subscribe to the yahoo group.

At any rate OVA is such a great game because conversion of a wide variety of settings should be a doddle.
[b]Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.[/b]" -- [i]Confucius[/i]

[url]http://nzrag.com/[/url]
JuddG
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Possible worlds/settings for OVA?

Post by JuddG »

Beli wrote:But, the reason for this post is to ask if there are any settings other than Uresia that have been planned/talked about/thought of for OVA.
I have a few "one-page" setting pitches for OVA already and I am developing a conversion for one of my settings to OVA and developing a Sci-Fi setting as well. I am sure I will publish to the web when done.

I will keep you folks in the loop for sure.
R-90-2
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Possible worlds/settings for OVA?

Post by R-90-2 »

Beli wrote:
But, the reason for this post is to ask if there are any settings other than Uresia that have been planned/talked about/thought of for OVA.
I'm in the process of converting over one or two of my own from D&D and some older fiction I've written up. I'm also working on some Warhammer 40k conversions.