Where will OVA be released?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Divine Dragon
Shelled Plebeian

Where will OVA be released?

Post by Divine Dragon »

I was just curious where OVA will be released. Is it just in the states or will it cross the pond and hit us over here in Europe as well? More specifically, will I be able to buy it here in Sweden?

Is there any website where I can order it from? Can I order it from the Wise Turtle website even? How much will it cost?

Oh, and since this is my first post in this forum, hi everyone! :)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hello Dragon! Welcome to our little place on the web.

To answer your questions, OVA will initially be released as a PDF (or electronic book) available from RPGnow.com for $9.95. (I'm sorry, I do not know how that translates into your native currency.)

Being that it is purely electronic, I see no reason why you would be unable to purchase it in Sweden. Eventually we plan to expand to print, but I doubt you will see it on any Swedish bookshelves. However, since it will have an ISBN number, I'm pretty sure you will be able to order a copy for yourself through your favorite bookstore.

Thanks for dropping by!
Divine Dragon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Divine Dragon »

Thanks Clay. :) I'll take a look at RPGnow.com once it's been released.

Personally though, I much prefer the printed versions of RPGs over the PDF ones. Don't know why really, probably because that's what I'm used to from playing RPGs previously. It's ok if the printed version doesn't hit the shelves here in Sweden though. Like you said I can probably order it anyway.

Do you have any about how much the printed version might cost and when it might become availiable?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I too prefer print RPGs. There's just something about holding a book that's just...well...different!

The projected price is $19.95.

As for when, I have plans to add even more art to the book exclusive to the print release...so a large portion of when it will come out relies on that.

And you may notice my bad luck with art. ^_^;
Divine Dragon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Divine Dragon »

I completely agree. There's just something special with holding a book in your hand that can never be matched, even if you print the PDF. I really look forward to the release of the books.

$19.95 doesn't sound that bad. :)

More art? GREAT! :) It's always good with more art. Will it be just anime type art, or are you planning on putting in something else as well? Are you planning on drawing anything yourself, or will it all be commissioned art?

lol ^_^ You have bad luck with art? What do you mean by that? You only get the crappy art, or what? ^_^ lol
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

The art will remain anime, of course. As for me, I am drawing an image or two for the book, but it has been mostly left up to the good folks I have comissioned.

And by bad luck, I'm referring to the fact OVA has been delayed on too many occasions to count in order to procure the neccessary art for the book. I assure you that there is no "crappy art." OVA prides itself on being the best looking anime RPG to date, and *knock on wood* probably one of the better small press RPGs in general.

But I guess whether that's true or not will depend on all of you!
Divine Dragon
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Divine Dragon »

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all marvel at the wondrous displays of art in the book. ^_^ lol Don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine.

Would be cool to have a gathering some day of the people in the forum to play the game. If it can't be achieved in real life then perhaps online? That would really kick ass! :D

Btw, when will the other books in the OVA "family" start dropping in? Do you have any plans for that? Like "we'll start releasing them a year after the first release of OVA", or something like that?

lol ^_^ And I'm eternally sorry for all my stupid questions. What can I say, I'm an anime fan and I love playing RPGs.